- Parens patriae is Latin for "parent of the nation" (lit., "parent of the fatherland"). In law, it refers to the public policy power of the state to intervene against an abusive or negligent parent, legal guardian or informal caretaker, and to act as the parent of any child or individual who is in need of protection.
Parens patriae is not just ancient doctrine but is found as a power of the modern state to control the activities of the people in Title 15 Commerce and Trade, Title 12, Banks And Banking, Title 18. Crimes And Criminal Procedure, Title 49. Transportation and Title 42. Public Health and Welfare of the United States Codes and the laws of the several states.
- "In U.S. litigation, parens patriae can be invoked by the state to create its standing to sue; the state declares itself to be suing on behalf of its people." 
People in the state of nature before a social compact did not belong to the State. Their rights were protected by them or others who chose to do so in voluntary societies. The power of the state remained with the people individually from "generation to generation".
- "Parens patriae relates to a notion initially invoked by the King's Bench in the sixteenth century in cases of non compos mentis adults. The notion dates from at least 1608, as recorded in Coke's Report of Calvin's Case, wherein it is said 'that moral law, honora patrem...doubtless doth extend to him that is pater patriœ.'" 
We see the same idea of the State becoming the father of the people first awarded to Roman general Marcus Furius Camillus in 386 BC, who for his role in the aftermath of the Gallic siege of Rome was considered a second founder of the city, in succession to Romulus.
It was awarded to Julius Caesar, who as dictator became the de facto ruler of the Roman republic and its imperium, for having ended the civil wars.
Octavius was granted the titles of Augustus Caesar after another civil war started by the assassination of Julius Caesar. He began an increase in the welfare state of Rome until he was granted the title of Pater Patriae by a vote of the Senate in 2 BC.
The office did not add legitimacy to his legal powers like Imperator, Caesar, Augustus, princeps senatus, pontifex maximus and tribunicia potestas. But as the Patronus of the people it added popularity as a benefactor.
Augustus received this most prestigious title, the Pater Patriae, on February 5, 2 B.C.E. which was the Day of Concord on the Roman religious calendar.
In the Res Gestae, composed by Augustus himself, he wrote:
- “While I was administering my thirteenth consulship the senate and the equestrian order and the entire Roman people gave me the title Father of my Country.” Res Gestae, VI.35.
Romans and non-citizens swore oaths "at the altars of Augustus in the temples of Augustus in the various districts.” These altars collected a tax to provide for the welfare of the people because religion, the care for the needy of society, had become a public matter of the government. With Christians it remained a private matter. It was in this distinction the Christian conflict brought persecution.
There were oaths of allegiance at the payment of taxes in the temple area where benefits were also distributed. We can see them recorded under Nero, Trajanus and others:
- “And I swear by the Emperor Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus that I have kept nothing back.” 
- “We swear by the fortune of the Emperor Caesar Trajanus Hadrian Augustus. ... under oath.” Lewis and Reinhold, Roman Civilization, II.387.
In Paphlagonia of north central Asia Minor there was an inscription dated in 3 B.C. which recorded an oath of obedient allegiance “taken by the inhabitants of Paphlagonia and the Roman businessmen dwelling among them.” 
In “ordered that a census be taken of each province everywhere and that all men be enrolled... all the peoples of the great nations took oath, and at the same time, through the participation in the census, were made apart of one society” 
The Christians were bard from taking oaths by Christ's command to Swear not as a matter of doctrine and policy. But also they could not pray to the fathers of the earth for their daily bread, nor covet their neighbor's goods through men who called themselves benefactors but exercised authority.
In U.S. litigation, parens patriae can be invoked "as parens patriae on behalf of natural persons residing in such State" by the state to create its standing to sue; the state declares itself to be suing on behalf of its people. For example, the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvement Act of 1976 (15 USC 15(c)), through Section 4C of the Clayton Act, permits state attorneys general to bring parens patriae suits on behalf of those injured by violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act.
When the state becomes your Father offering you benefits at its table you become a child of the state and so do your children. The state becomes the ruling judge of your life when you eat at its table you will be required to sacrifice at its altars. Understanding this and who the Conscripted fathers of Rome were may shed new light on Jesus' statement "call no man upon the earth father."
This system in modern times and in ancient times of making the state your Father also included Birth_registration. This was just one part of the Social contract that binds people through an offer and acceptance of benefits. When these benefits are at the expense of your neighbor and through debt your neighbor's children and entangling bond is created.
But like the Mark_of_the_Beast the real binding of ourselves is our faith or lack of it. Peter said we would make ourselves Merchandise through our covetousness. The antitheses of coveting is charity and sacrifice.
If people desire to be saved they need to believe but if they believe they will repent and began to live by faith and charity, caring about others as much as themselves.
That means gathering together in a living Network bound by love.
The living network is not just an email group but a convention of home Churches we call CORE bound by mutual sacrifice in the name of Christ. The COREs of the Church are connected through a network of Ministers of Record who see to bind the families of in free assemblies by love alone with one Father to pray to for our daily bread.
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
Those who have eyes to see will see.
Besides using the poor translation of 1 Corinthians 4:14-15 found in some Bibles  Clearly Paul never calls himself father of the people as Jesus used the word Pater or father as we see in Matthew 23:9 
If people are willing to read Christ's statement in His own context they will see Him making the same references you see in the Luke 22 when Christ is again giving direct instructions about the "greatest among you shall be your servant" and "for one is your Master" or one is your Father who art in heaven.
Christ taught us to live by charity and the Perfect law of liberty not by forcing our neighbor to provide for us through any office of authority.
The Church use to do that but now they appear to be there just to make people comfortable in their iniquity and sins of wanton covetousness. The modern Christian is again entangled in the elements of the "world" as Peter warned us in 2 Peter 2:20 "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning."
Such people should expect a collapse of their nations worse than the fall of Rome and the sooner they repent the better off they will be.
This is undeniable even though Christ said to be in the "world" and not of it using the same word primarily defined as constitutional order and government.
Where John the Baptist preached charity the Modern Christians lives a socialist life of token charity depending on their masters, the fathers of the earth, for their daily bread, binding themselves with oaths in order to eat at the table of kings (see Proverbs 23). They must now bow down and serve them but it does not mean they should eat at those tables.
We know those tables are a snare and a trap.
But many who say they believe are actually workers of iniquity taking a socialist bite out of their neighbors and devouring one another in their lust for benefits ... driving their nation and the whole "world" into debt while cursing their children with that debt because they do not really want to gather in the "name of Christ".
They love the "world" and its false securities and disregard the words of Christ's prophets in 1 John 2:15 -18 according to their own "sloppy" doctrines and private interpretations.
The Modern Christian does not really love Christ but an image of Christ he creates in his own mind. Oh he says he believe and that he loves the Lord but does not do what he said. In truth he loves the "world" and the "things [that are] in the world" and we know that "If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."
Benefactors | Fathers | Conscripted fathers | Pater Patriae | Patronus |
Rome vs US | Gods | Imperial Cult of Rome | Apotheos | Supreme being |
Corvee | Employ | Corban | Christian conflict | Merchandise | Bondage |
Citizen | Protection | Birth registration | Mark of the Beast | Undocumented |
Religion | Public religion | Pure Religion | False religion | Cult | Tesserae |
Covetous Practices | If I were the devil | Biting one another | Cry out
Pure Religion |
Private welfare |
Fleeing Religion |
False religion | Public religion | Our Religion | Christian conflict |
Corban | Baptism | Benefactors | ThatWord | Daily ministration |
Modern Christians | Diocletianic Persecution | Christians check list |
gods | Judge not | Judge | Fathers | Deist | Damnable heresies |
Pharisees | Sadducees | Zealot | Essenes | Levites |
Messianic Judaism | Menahem the Essene | Sanhedrin |
Altars | Clay and Stone | Red Heifer | Golden calf |
Freewill offerings | Religion | Pure Religion | Public religion |
Christian conflict | Paganism | Denominations | Dispensationalism |
Benefactors | Corban | Daily ministration | Calendars |
Cult | Imperial Cult of Rome | Guru_theories| | Covet | Merchandise |
Mark of God | Mark of Cain | Mark of the Beast | Nature of the Beast
Section 666 | Benefactors | Biting one another | Cry out | Worship |
Church | Temples | Religious Orders | Priests | Kings and priests |
Hear | Bible Index | Network |
Conscripted fathers |
Pater Patriae |
Imperium | Protection | Birth registration | Benefactors | Undocumented |
Rome vs US | Polybius | Plutarch | Nimrod | Senate | Was Jesus a socialist |
Christian conflict | Merchandise | Curse children | Bondage | Divide | Cry out |
Pure Religion | Charitable Practices | Corban | Hear |
Public religion | Covetous Practices | Biting one another | Imperial Cult of Rome |
Gods | Apotheos | Supreme being | Mark of the Beast | Nature of the Beast
Elements | Perfect law of liberty | The Way | Lady Godiva | Network |
- Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. [Today this would include those who say they are Christians
- 15 U.S. Code § 15 Applicability of parens patriae actions § 15h. Applicability of parens patriae actions Sections 15c, 15d, 15e, 15f, and 15g of this title shall apply in any State...
- Title 12. Banks And Banking, Chapter 53. "the State, as parens patriae, may bring a civil action on behalf of its residents in an appropriate district court...
- Title 18. Crimes And Criminal Procedure, Part I. Crimes, Chapter 77. Peonage, Slavery, And Trafficking, In Persons, Section 1595. Civil Remedy adversely affected by any person who violates section 1591, the attorney general of the State, as parens patriae, may bring a civil action against such person on behalf of the residents of the State...
- Title 49. TRANSPORTATION, ...the attorney general of the state may, as parens patriae,” for “a State authority may”...
- Title 42. THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE, Chapter 7. SOCIAL SECURITY... residents of that State has been or is threatened or adversely affected by any person who violates a provision of this part, the attorney general of the State, as parens patriae, may bring...
- Search parens patriae at https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/searchResultsForm.html
- Daniel 4:3 How great [are] his signs! and how mighty [are] his wonders! his kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion [is] from generation to generation.
Joel 3:20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation
- Lat: not having control over the mind or intellect. Not of sound mind; insane. See 108 A. 2d 820, 822. In certain circumstances its effect is lessened to mean only "not legally competent." See 1 S.E. 2d 768, 770. Compare diminished capacity; incompetent; non sui juris .
- Lewis and Reinhold, Roman Civilization, 388.
- Lewis and Reinhold, Roman Civilization, II.34–35.
- Paulus Orosius, historian and theologian in the 5th century, VI.22 and VII.2.
- 15 U.S. Code § 15h "Sections 15c, 15d, 15e, 15f, and 15g of this title shall apply in any State, unless such State provides by law for its nonapplicability in such State. "
- Imperial Ideology and Provincial Loyalty in the Roman Empire By Clifford Ando, page 355.
- "For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel." The King James renders a more accurate translation:
- 14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
- 15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. [1 Corinthians 4].
- Matthew 23:9 "And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."
HELP US BY SUBSCRIBING TO ALL THESE CHANNELS
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/
Join the network.
Brother Gregory in the wilderness.