- John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
- 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
- 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
- John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
- 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
What does it mean to be “born again?” Jesus said, “Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” In addition, Jesus made a clear distinction between being born of the flesh and born of the Spirit.
So how do you know if you’re born of the Spirit?
- 1 Peter 1:3 ¶ Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
- 1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Many say they are born again Christians but are they truly born of the Spirit?
Are they even Christians?
How do we know we are not under a strong delusion or worse yet Workers of Iniquity?
Modern Christians |
Christian conflict |
Christ | Body of Christ | Jesus | Temptations | New creature |
Back to Basics: Christianity | The Blessed Strategy | Are Christians Idiots |
Power to change | Born again | Thy first love | Not inherit the kingdom |
Church | Early Church | Christians check list |