2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
How do you know that you are a "NEW CREATION .... IN CHRIST ... if you are not doing what he said or conforming to his nature. If Christ is in you then we should see the fruits of Christ in your actions. We should see you as a doer of the word. When the doing is mentioned you pullback from the words of Christ.
- Luke 24:47 "And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
Israel was always to be a priest to all nations teaching them the ways of God. The Israelites were never just a Jewish blood line but included people from Egyptians to Hittites. We know the Pharisees had it wrong for many reasons.
- Acts 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;"
What they had in common was they lived by faith and loved their neighbor as themselves. That made them the seeds of Abraham.
Colossians 3:3 Says:
- For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
But Colossians 3:23-25:
- And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
If we are born again are we born Children of God?
- Matthew 5:9 Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
What makes us children of God is not our hiding in an emotionally charged image of Jesus created in our own minds but true repentance and a willingness to strive and persevere in service to Christ by loving one another. There are many forms of a false gospel out there in the world that causes people to lay down in their imagination with a do nothing euphoric faith and do nothing with the life God has given them.
- "In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." 1 John 3:10
This is why Jesus tells us of the man who buried his talent and did nothing. What he had was taken away from him and given to another just like the kingdom was taken from the Pharisees and given to the apostles who preached the gospel of the kingdom to all nations grafting in the true faithful.
This do nothing philosophy perpetrated by False religion is anti the words and ways of the character of Christ. It may make people feel good but it leads to corruption and destruction.
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness so that you may rest with the true Christ according to His ways.
Paul continued in 2 Corinthians 5:18 through 2 Corinthians 6:14:
- "And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
- "We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things."
- 11 "O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"
Our communion should be in the Daily ministration of Love and Charity.., not in agreements with Benefactors who exercise authority one over the other or the Covetous Practices of the conscripted Fathers of the earth. If Christ is in us we should be attending to the Weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith which include caring for the needs of our neighbors, the widows and orphans of our society through Pure Religion in matters of health, education, and welfare. We are NOT to do so by the Covetous Practices of modern governments.
The Way of Christ was not like the way of the world, nor the governments of the gentiles who depend on benefactors who exercise authority. Christ's ministers and true Christians do not depend upon systems of social welfare that force the contributions of the people like the corban of the Pharisees which made the word of God to none effect. Many people have been deceived to go the way of Balaam and the Nicolaitan and out of The Way of Christ.
The Christian conflict of the first century Church appointed by Christ was because they would not apply to the fathers of the earth for benefits but instead relied upon a voluntary network providing a daily ministration to the needy of society through Faith, Hope, and Charity by way of freewill offerings of the people, for the people, and by the people through the perfect law of liberty in Free Assemblies according to the ancient pattern of Tuns or Tens.
"Follow me!" —Jesus the Christ.
- One of the most important things to do is to become involved in a network of Charitable Practices. Everyone should want to join a Living Network of Love and Charity.
- If you think you have a calling to be a Minister of God or you might want to dedicate your life to Christ as an Ordained Minister of His Holy Church then contact us to start the process of discipleship and become the benefactors who exercise only love, NOT authority.
- Galatians 6:15 "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature."
When Paul talked about the works of the law he was not talking about the Ten Commandments given by God or the two commandments upon which they hinge re-given by Christ but the twisted view of religion full of rituals and emotions of self righteousness given by people like the Pharisees and other religious groups. These ritual or religious minded people who do not do Pure Religion may say Lord Lord but they are not Doers of the Word.
1 John 3:10 spoke of the manifistation of God in us back in 1 John 3:6through 9
- "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
People talk about loving Jesus and having faith in him, surrendering to him but if you mention doing something they say it is not about works. We have seen this debate from the beginning but there is no real debate. Faith without works is dead.
While we cannot earn salvation so that God is indebted to us or owes us it is clear by the detailed parable in Matthew 25 "When the Son of man shall come in his glory" some people because of what they do and do not do "shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."
If you love him you will Keep the Commandments. One of His commandments was to SEEK the kingdom of God AND His righteousness. He is constantly using words like strive, persevere, take up the cross, and follow me, and be a Doers of the Word.
Where there is real faith there will be works and you will see a certain kind of works. "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," Hebrews 10:26
This is why even Paul gives you a list of people who will not inherit the kingdom. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?" The Pharisees had the inheritance of the kingdom taken away from because they were not following the way of God and bearing the fruit of that way. They did not even know Jesus because they did not know God or Moses. They thought they did but were under a strong delusion.
The Modern Christian is often a doer of what the Pharisees were doing. Their Covetous Practices have become the ways of Modern Christians who are in need of repentance and a return to living by real faith.
Studying to see if we are on the right path or off the path should be a daily quest for all who love the Lord. And comparing a biblical Christians check list or early Christians to Modern Christian check list can be important.
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. John 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad. Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Romans 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. Romans 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
- Matthew 20:25-26 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
Mark 10:42-43 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Luke 22:25-26 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
- James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
- James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
- 1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/