2 Timothy 3
2 Timothy 3
- 1 ¶ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
- 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
- 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
- 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
- 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
- 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
- The lovers of their own selves more than they love their neighbor. They have no interest in edifying the Church as a Network of service to provide a Daily ministration so that people do not have to go to Benefactors who exercise authority to provide a Welfare that is a Snare. They would rather sit and eat with Rulers and take of their Corban even though we know it makes the word of God to none effect.
- The covetous because their lives are not filled with love and charity but Covetous Practices that curse their children and make them Merchandise.
- They also are boasters and proud of their claim to love the Lord. They imagine they know the date they accepted Him into their hearts and want others to make the same claim of accepting Jesus. We know that any one can make that claim but we are to know them by their fruits. Some may have begun the process of repentance but they often cling to the emotional support of imagining their own salvation rather that actually seeing Repentance as a change of mind and the direction of your life. They may even lead better lives but are they doing what the early Church was doing or do they use their claim to salvation to excuse the fact that they are not actually seeking the righteousness of God which Jesus and the apostles told us to do.
- Of course some are blasphemers which means they are speaking evil, slanderous of those who say people of real faith who say we should seek to be Doers of the Word. They cling to the idea that they have to do nothing. Some even say we do not have to Keep the Commandments even though that directly contradicts the Doctrines of Jesus.
- And of course there are those who are disobedient to parents. We see the same word in Titus 1:16 "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." And we see Jesus talking about the Corban of the Pharisees causing people to do no more ought for their parents which makes the word of God to none effect.
- And there is the unthankful who do not appreciate their parents or others who sacrifice for their welfare. They imagine the world owes them a living and lots of benefits or entitlements.
- They are also unholy because they are not interested in "religiously observing every moral obligation". They do not even know what Pure Religion is.
- Ultimately they are despisers of those that are good works because they do not want to do good works and people who do make them look bad.
- 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
- 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
- 10 ¶ But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
- 11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
- 12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
- 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
- 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
- 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- Proverbs 23 "When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee: And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite. Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat."
- Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
- Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
- Romans 3:5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)
- Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
- Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
- Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
- James 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
- 2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
- 462 ~ἀνόσιος~ anosios \@an-os’-ee-os\@ from a (as a negative particle) and hosios undefiled by sin,religiously observing every moral obligation, pure holy, pious adj AV-unholy 2; 2 1) unholy, impious, wicked