3 John 1:9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
- Diotrephes is believed by most to be a man. But was it a man or a type of man? Diotrephes is a word that means "nourished by Jupiter" or "nourished of Jove". That is a very unusual name and Raymond E. Brown comments, "Diotrephes is not a particularly common name." Was it a name or a proper noun invented by John to describe a certain type of people like the Nicolaitan? The doeth good is of God quote "clearly implies that Diotrephes held to a Nicolaitan regeneration, allowing of a doing evil and yet being of God." Commentary on the New Testament, Volume 5, Daniel Denison Whedon, Hunt & Eaton, 1908.
- People who thought it was okay to take benefits from the Temple of Jupiter would have been rejected by John for these Covetous Practices. It would make their Pure Religion "spotted" because those Temples were of the World and by then forced the contributions of the people through Public religion.
- Knowing that at the Temple of Jupiter the Tribunes not only conducted their legislative assemblies but it housed important records, books and the social welfare funds including the treasury of the city within the chambers and vaults of that temple could enhance our understanding of the Christian conflict.
- For over a thousand years there has been churches that like Diotrephes and the Nicolaitans have been trying to convince the people that it is okay to use the governments of the world to provide gifts, gratuities and benefits. It is not! This is why Lady Godiva is on the cover of the Free Church Report. It is why John the Baptist told us not to use force but share and Jesus talked about not being like the Benefactors of other governments, Paul and the apostles emphasize love and charity and keeping the commandments.
Welfare | Welfare types | Private welfare | Public religion | Roots of the Welfare State |
Health | Education | Economy | Food Stamps | Community | Socialism | Covetous Practices |
Benefactors | Fathers | Corban | Mark of the Beast | Christian conflict | Temples |
Not so Secure Socialism | Nicolaitan | Nimrod | Corvee | Snare | Religion |
FEMA | Lady Godiva | Pure Religion | Charitable Practices | Exercises authority | Network |
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/