3 John 1
|3 John is unique because of all the Epistles it is just a letter, one of the shortest books of the Bible and never mentions Christ or Jesus. It is a letter to Gaius who has offered charity through the Church and hospitality to ministers of the Church who would not take benefits from the Gentiles.|
|What they were doing was providing a Daily ministration in faith, through charity, offering hope... with out dependence on Benefactors who exercised authority one over the other. They practice Pure Religion.|
|This "charity before the church" was a real local and international Daily ministration without the Covetous Practices of the World.|
|The Early Church was a true Network of believers organized by individual choice, not like Modern Christians.|
|True Christian would not live at the expense of others like Polybius warned and wanted None of those gifts gratuities and benefits" Plutarch spoke of but only the Charity of Christ and John the Baptist.|
|The he writes of Diotrephes is believed by many to be a man. But was it a man or a type of man?|
|Diotrephes is a word that means "nourished by Jupiter" or "nourished of Jove". That is a very unusual name and Raymond E. Brown comments, "Diotrephes is not a particularly common name."|
|Was it a proper noun invented by John to describe a certain type of people like the Nicolaitan?|
|The doeth good is of God quote "clearly implies that Diotrephes held to a Nicolaitan regeneration, allowing of a doing evil and yet being of God."|
|People who thought it was okay to take benefits from the Temple of Jupiter would have been rejected by John for their Covetous Practices. It would make their Pure Religion "spotted" because those Temples were of the World and forced the contributions of the people through Public religion.|
|Knowing that at the Temple of Jupiter the Tribunes not only conducted their legislative assemblies but it housed important records, books and the social welfare funds including the treasury of the city within the chambers and vaults of that temple could enhance our understanding of the Christian conflict.|
|For over a thousand years there have been churches that like Diotrephes and the Nicolaitans have been trying to convince the people that it is okay to use the governments of the world to provide gifts, gratuities and benefits. It is not!|
|This is why Lady Godiva is on the cover of the Free Church Report. It is why John the Baptist told us not to use force but share and Jesus talked about not being like the Benefactors of other governments, and why Paul, Peter, James and John and all the apostles emphasize love and charity and keeping the commandments and not covetousness or biting one another.|
|Understanding terms like Religion and Pure Religion, and why Private religion which is the same as Private welfare was eventually band by Rome to promote Public religion is key to comprehending the Gospel of the kingdom.|
|What was Corban and what did it have to do with the Christian conflict?|
|What were the two types of Baptism and who were the Benefactors and Fathers of the World? Who were the gods many?|
|Why was a Daily ministration so important and why did the Church form a Network?|
- 1 The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
- 2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
- 3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.
- 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
- 5 Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;
- 6 Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:
- 7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.
- 8 We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth.
- 9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
- 10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
- 11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
- 12 Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true.
- 13 I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee:
- 14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.
Pure Religion |
Private welfare |
Fleeing Religion |
False religion | Public religion | Our Religion | Christian conflict |
Corban | Baptism | Benefactors | ThatWord | Daily ministration |
Modern Christians | Diocletianic Persecution | Christians check list |
gods | Judge not | Judge | Fathers | Deist | Damnable heresies |
Pharisees | Sadducees | Zealot | Essenes | Levites |
Messianic Judaism | Menahem the Essene | Sanhedrin |
Altars | Clay and Stone | Red Heifer | Golden calf |
Freewill offerings | Religion | Pure Religion | Public religion |
Christian conflict | Paganism | Denominations | Dispensationalism |
Benefactors | Corban | Daily ministration |
Cult | Imperial Cult of Rome | Guru_theories| | Covet | Merchandise |
Mark of God | Mark of Cain | Mark of the Beast
Section 666 | Benefactors | Biting one another | Cry out | Worship |
Church | Temples | Religious Orders | Priests | Kings and priests |
Bible Index | Network |
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- Luke 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so:
- Matthew 23:9 And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
- Commentary on the New Testament, Volume 5, Daniel Denison Whedon, Hunt & Eaton, 1908.
- James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.
- 4043 ~περιπατέω~ peripateo \@per-ee-pat-eh’-o\@ from 4012 and 3961; v AV-walk 93, go 1, walk about 1, be occupied 1; 96
- 1) to walk
- 1a) to make one’s way, progress; to make due use of opportunities
- 1b) Hebrew for, to live
- 1b1) to regulate one’s life
- 1b2) to conduct one’s self
- 1b3) to pass one’s life
- 1) to walk
- It was the deeds of the Nicolaitan that God hated.