Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Many people over the ages have thought that God was with them when, in truth, they were actually opposing God and working iniquity on earth and with their fellow man. Whole wars were fought and millions died at the hands of men who thought and claimed they were doing God's will or that God was with them and he was not with them at all.
So how do we know that God is with us or we with God.
There is a strange encounter spoken of by the apostles...
Luke 9:49 "And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. 50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid [him] not: for he that is not against us is for us."
Jesus did not contradict the claim that certain people might not be with his ministers. The fact that these people were not a part of the appointment of Christ did not make them enemies as long as they were truly operating in the name of Christ.
Doing things in the name of Christ is doing things like Christ, according to his true character and teachings. The apostles were not talking about men who were not coming in His name. They were truly doing things according to his character but simply were not networked with Christ's appointed ministers of the Kingdom of God at hand.
One of the problems today is that people often like to think they are the "chosen people, royal priests, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession" Peter was talking about when in truth they are the "workers of iniquity" that Jesus was talking about in Luke 13:27 "But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all [ye] workers of iniquity."
There are those who say they are righteous because they do not eat of the table of those Benefactors who force the contributions of the people but they also do not come together and set the table of the Lord with diligent sacrifice and Fervent Charity.
They are slothful and the Foolish virgins who waste their oil on themselves and the ones who have a form of godliness but not the fruit of repentance provided by the people with a kingdom heart. They often bring division.
We know Christ was going to take the kingdom from the Pharisees who were God's government. He was doing this because they were not attending to the Weightier matters and because their Corban was making the word of God to none effect. These, along with their lack of love for one another, was failing to bear fruit. He was going to appoint the kingdom to the chosen few of His little flock.
You only progress in rank in the Church established by Christ by more service to others. One way to serve people is to empower them to make choices and serve one another. If the people do not come to serve then they do not come in the name of Christ.
So His Church is a particular group that are seeking to fulfill the directives of Christ in a particular way without exercising authority over the people or appointing men to exercise authority, nor crowning kings over the people. It is an institution of service.
Others may serve Christ separate from the Church. If we are called out and answer that call to fulfill the directive and purposes of Christ then they are not "with us", but neither are we against them.
The ministers and people at Pentecost created a viable network and were numbered or accounted for in a pattern as old as Israel and the Church in the wilderness. They gathered in a voluntary network of faith and honor. The Network operated on love through faith and hope by way of charity and the perfect law of liberty.
Others who did not join with the men of the Church were said to not be "with us". As long as they truly displayed the character and works of Christ they may only be excluded from the working network. They were not shunned entirely unless they were backbiting and gossiping. If so, then they should have nothing to do with them.
Of the ten virgins some trimmed their wicks and made sure they worked to have a supply of oil. Oil provides light but oil was also for anointing and means the same as the word "Christ" and "Messiah".
The foolish virgins may have kept themselves separate, pure, virgins from the World as Christ commanded but they squandered their oil using it up so there was not enough when they needed it.
Many people do the same with the oil of their life which God gives them. They take pride in being separate but they do not love one another, serve one another, feed His sheep and of course attend to the Weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith which include caring for the needs of our neighbors and the widows and orphans of our society through Pure Religion in matters of health, education, and welfare. We are NOT to do so by the Covetous Practices of modern governments.
The Way of Christ was like neither the way of the world nor the governments of the gentiles who depend on benefactors who exercise authority. Christ's ministers and true Christians do not depend upon systems of social welfare that force the contributions of the people like the corban of the Pharisees which made the word of God to none effect. Many people have been deceived to go the way of Balaam and the Nicolaitan and out of The Way of Christ.
The Christian conflict of the first century Church appointed by Christ was because they would not apply to the fathers of the earth for benefits but instead relied upon a voluntary network providing a daily ministration to the needy of society through Faith, Hope, and Charity by way of freewill offerings of the people, for the people, and by the people through the perfect law of liberty in Free Assemblies according to the ancient pattern of Tuns or Tens.
"Follow me!" —Jesus the Christ.
- One of the most important things to do is to become involved in a network of Charitable Practices. Everyone should want to join a Living Network of Love and Charity.
- If you think you have a calling to be a Minister of God or you might want to dedicate your life to Christ as an Ordained Minister of His Holy Church, contact us to start the process of discipleship and become the benefactors who exercise only love, NOT authority.
The foolish virgins might have taken back responsibility for themselves but not for their neighbor. They might be like monks and priests in monasteries that think they are holy but they bear no fruit. Or they might be like the separatists who do not seek the the world for its benefits. They might not look to the Benefactors of the World but they fail to become the Benefactors who are servants based on love. They professed Christ with their lips but were not like His Church and are not "with us".
His Holy Church is a phrase describing what Christ appointed.
- Church is from the word called out assembly.
- Holy means separate,
- His is a reference to Christ who is a foreign prince who appointed a government to His ministers.
They were to run it without exercising authority but keep themselves separate from the World.
When he told them to be separate from the World, he used the word meaning constitutional order and system of government.
To be a minister of that government you cannot be a member of a benefit system run by men who exercise authority one over the other. Due to changes in their laws, ministers who have no numbered membership often are not allowed to get licenses or IDs from those governments. They also cannot take oaths that renounce all princes because that would mean they must renounce Christ and they cannot do that and remain His faithful Ministers.
The Church is separate from the state and even separate from the people in its purposes as the ministers of Christ. Because of the abuses of some men who claimed to be the ministers of Christ, the separate role of His ministers is often rejected by Modern Christians.
Matthew 25:1 "Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Numbered and Companied
We see that the apostles considered some people as "numbered with us".
These men were accounted for in a well organized network of ministers. They were a part of a ministry and had "companied" together.
- Acts 1:21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. 24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. 26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
- Acts 21:16 There went with us also certain of the disciples of Caesarea, and brought with them one Mnason of Cyprus, an old disciple, with whom we should lodge.
- Acts 21:18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. 14 Let all your things be done with charity. 15 I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,) 16 That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with us, and laboureth. 17 I am glad of the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus: for that which was lacking on your part they have supplied. 18 For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge ye them that are such.
- 2 Corinthians 8:19 And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
- 1 John 1:3 "That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ."
- 1 John 2:18-19 "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would [no doubt] have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."
- 2 Peter 1:1 "Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:"
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- 2316 ~θεός~ theos \@theh’-os\@ of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; n m AV-God 1320, god 13, godly 3, God-ward + 4214 misc 5; 1343 1) a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities 2) the Godhead, trinity 3) spoken of the only and true God 4) whatever can in any respect be likened unto God, or resemble him in any way 4a) God’s representative or viceregent 4a1) of magistrates and judges
- 3326 ~μετά~ meta \@met-ah’\@ a primary preposition (often used adverbially); prep AV-with 345, after 88, among 5, hereafter + 5023 4, afterward + 5023 4, against 4, not depart
- 2257 ~ἡμῶν~ hemon \@hay-mone’\@ genitive case plural of 1473; ; pron AV-our 313, us 82, we 12, not tr 1, misc 2; 410 1) our, we, us
- 1 Peter 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
- 1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
- 2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- Mark 3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
- Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be tarunningken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
- Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
- Luke 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
- Matthew 20:25-26 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
Mark 10:42-43 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Luke 22:25-26 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
- "I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject" Oath of Naturalization
- 2674 ~καταριθμέω~ katarithmeo \@kat-ar-ith-meh’-o\@ from 2596 and 705; ; v AV-number 1; 1 1) to number with
- other words translated number are:
- 705 ~ἀριθμέω~ arithmeo \@ar-ith-meh’-o\@ from 706; v AV-number 3; 3 1) to number
- 3049 ~λογίζομαι~ logizomai \@log-id’-zom-ahee\@ middle voice from 3056; v AV-think 9, impute 8, reckon 6, count 5, account 4, suppose 2, reason 1, number 1, misc 5; 41 1) to reckon, count, compute, calculate, count over 1a) to take into account, to make an account of 1a1) metaph. to pass to one’s account, to impute. This word deals with reality. If I "logizomai" or reckon that my bank book has $25 in it, it has $25 in it. Otherwise I am deceiving myself. This word refers to facts not suppositions.
- 4785 ~συγκαταψηφίζω~ sugkatapsephizo \@soong-kat-aps-ay-fid’-zo\@ from 4862 and a compound of 2596 and 5585; v AV-number 1; 1 1) be depositing a ballot in the urn (i.e. by voting for) to assign one a place among, to vote one a place among 2) to vote against with others, i.e. to condemn with others as we see in Acts 1:26.
- 1248 ~διακονία~ diakonia \@dee-ak-on-ee’-ah\@ from 1249; n f AV-ministry 16, ministration 6, ministering 3, misc 9; 34 1) service, ministering, esp. of those who execute the commands of others 2) of those who by the command of God proclaim and promote religion among men 2a) of the office of Moses 2b) of the office of the apostles and its administration 2c) of the office of prophets, evangelists, elders etc. 3) the ministration of those who render to others the offices of Christian affection esp. those who help meet need by either collecting or distributing of charities 4) the office of the deacon in the church 5) the service of those who prepare and present food
- 4905 ~συνέρχομαι~ sunerchomai \@soon-er’-khom-ahee\@ from 4862 and 2064; v AV-come together 18, go with 4, come with 2, resort 2, come 2, come with + 2258 1, company with 1, accompany 1, assemble with 1; 32 1) to come together 1a) to assemble 1b) of conjugal cohabitation 2) to go (depart) or come with one, to accompany one
- 4785 ~συγκαταψηφίζω~ sugkatapsephizo \@soong-kat-aps-ay-fid’-zo\@ from 4862 and a compound of 2596 and 5585; v AV-number 1; 1 1) be depositing a ballot in the urn (i.e. by voting for) to assign one a place among, to vote one a place among 2) to vote against with others, i.e. to condemn with others
- 2842 koinonia κοινωνία koy-nohn-ee’-ah from κοινωνός koinonos meaning partaker or a partner, associate, comrade, companion which is from κοινός koinos koy-nos’ meaning common. Koinonia is a noun translated fellowship 12 times, communion 4, communication 1, distribution 1, contribution 1, to communicate 1; 20 1) fellowship, association, community, communion, joint participation, intercourse 1a) the share which one has in anything, participation 1b) intercourse, fellowship, intimacy 1b1) the right hand as a sign and pledge of fellowship (in fulfilling the apostolic office) 1c) a gift jointly contributed, a collection, a contribution, as exhibiting an embodiment and proof of fellowship
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/