How many rights were reserved to the people?
Were citizens freemen or subjects?
- "If the Militia was every able-bodied citizen then what happens when a citizen doesn't want to join your Militia?"
That is called freedom.
We know that is hard for people to wrap their heads around especially since they know very little about real freedom.
You can only maintain rights by exercising the correlative responsibilities connected to them. But no one has to come and help him when he needs assistance.
Like the Amish. If you do not help when someone's house is burned down no one has to come and help you.
There are many situations where unpaid voluntary militias formed without legislatures but you won't learn about them much in public school.
The so-called "mandate in the constitution under art 1 sec 8 cl 16" concerning militias is for the State militia. Unfortunately, the federal government can draft most people into the army now because the relationship of the people has changed from a free and independent people to one based on contract and dependence where your natural rights are no longer intact.
Many did not think the constitution was a good idea and most Americans opposed it for the same reasons. Early Americans did a lot of things the modern American does not know about nor understand. http://preparingyou.com/wiki/Not_a_party.
If you actually have a right to bear arms then you have a right to maintain rights by exercising the power of the sword with the lawful authority which you were endowed with by God. Before statutes there was law. Lawful rights are natural rights not connected to the administration of government. Legal rights are rights which can be regulated by statutes.
For centuries people formed local militias where there were no statutes or even kings and rulers.
Prior to the Fourteenth Amendment, “No private person has a right to complain, by suit in court, on the ground of a breach of Constitution. The constitution it is true, is a compact, but he is not a party to it. The states are party to it”.
- "There is no such thing as a power of inherent sovereignty in the government of the [federal] United States... In this country sovereignty resides in the people, and Congress can exercise no power which they [the sovereign people] have not, by their Constitution entrusted to it: All else is withheld." Supreme Court Justice Field
There were a few attempts to draft men into military service during the War for Independence, the war of 1812 and the Civil War but these usurpations were often met with fierce resistance.
Daniel Webster stated in an address to the House in 1814:
- "The administration asserts the right to fill the ranks of the regular army by compulsion...Is this, sir, consistent with the character of a free government? Is this civil liberty? Is this the real character of our Constitution? No, sir, indeed it is not...Where is it written in the Constitution, in what article or section is it contained, that you may take children from their parents, and parents from their children, and compel them to fight the battles of any war, in which the folly or the wickedness of government may engage it? Under what concealment has this power lain hidden, which now for the first time comes forth, with a tremendous and baleful aspect, to trample down and destroy the dearest rights of personal liberty?"
Today, “in the United States ‘it [citizenship] is a political obligation’ depending not on ownership of land, but on the enjoyment of the protection of government; and it ‘binds the citizen to the observance of all laws’ of his sovereign.”
We see today that any private person can bring an action in court for violations of the constitution as it's done every single day.
"Persons" are "members" and members may be "subject". Americans were not a party to the creation of the United States nor its constitution. Neither could a small group of men subject an entire nation to the whims of Congress with the stroke of a pen.
It was through the "covetous practices" of the people that they became little more than human resources and subjects.
As subjects, you can now bring an action in court for violations of the constitutional "legal rights" because you know longer have access to your lawful or natural rights. This has come about because you thought it was okay to live at the expense of your neighbor. You imagine that it is okay to force your neighbor to fight for you, serve you, provide you with benefits like free education, social security and probably even healthcare. Those "covetous practices" are at home in the mind of many Americans and people of the world today even though they were forbidden by Moses and by Christ. Even Polybius said:
- "The masses continue with an appetite for benefits and the habit of receiving them by way of a rule of force and violence. The people, having grown accustomed to feed at the expense of others and to depend for their livelihood on the property of others... institute the rule of violence; and now uniting their forces massacre, banish, and plunder, until they degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch." Polybius saw the downfall of the republic a 150 years before the first Emperor of Rome and 175 years before the birth of Jesus Christ and John the Baptist.
- Chapter 3. of the book The Covenants of the gods
- Citizenship vs Citizenship
- Citizen vs Citizen from the book "The Covenants of the gods"
- Citizens of the world and in the world?
"Protection draws to it subjection; subjection protection."
Luke 22:36 "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
It is the responsibility of the individuals of society to protect themselves and their neighbors. They are endowed with that right by God and all rights are responsibilities. The right to bear arms for centuries meant the responsibility to protect your community at your own expense and risk.
To allow or desire to disarm society is to war against God.
"To Conquer a Nation, First Disarm its Citizens" Adolph Hitler 1933
There is no greater enemy of the people than those who wish to disarm them. And there is no greater alley in that evil endeavor and effort than the avarice and apathy of the people themselves.
"The right of self-defense is the first law of nature; in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and when the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.” Henry St. George Tucker, in Blackstone's 1768 “Commentaries on the Laws of England.", Judge of the Virginia Supreme Court & U.S. Dist. Court of Virginia
- Turkey established its gun control laws in 1911, utilizing them to arrest and exterminate some 1.5 million Armenians between 1915 and 1917.
- The Soviet Union prohibited citizen gun ownership in 1929 which in turn contributed to somewhere between 20 and 62 millions citizen “dissidents” being rounded up, imprisoned and exterminated.
- In 1938, the Nazi Party implemented strict gun control enabling them to collect and exterminate millions and million of people including women and children between 1939 and 1945.
- In 1935 China disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1948 – 1952 they murdered 20 million Chinese. Many scholars agree that about one million people were murdered during the Cultural Revolution (1966-1976). Yet, the Chinese government stated, “Their blood and tears demand no delay for the U.S. gun control.” The current Chinese government, the communist People’s Republic of China, was established in a revolution led by Mao Zedong, who killed an estimated 40-70 million often unarmed people with starvation, executions, and re-education camps.
- After invading Poland in 1939, the Nazi forces utilized pre-war gun registration lists to both confiscate firearms and arrest their owners. Thereafter they were free to round up the Jews for the Warsaw Ghetto and ship them off to concentration camps.
- Gun control laws introduced in 1956 allowed Cambodia police and military forces to arrest around 21 million professionals and intellectuals and exterminate them.
- In 1964 Guatemala disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1964 – 1981 they murdered 100,000 Mayan Indians.
- In 1970 Uganda disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1971 – 1979 they murdered 300,000 Christians.
Governments with guns kill far more people than criminals and loan gunman.
Thomas Jefferson, after observing during the drafting of the Virginia Constitution that "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms” (1776) later asserted in correspondence to John Cartwright (1824) that “"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria, went on to say, "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
James Madison, though best remembered for asserting in 1792 that “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country,” also observed that (1788) “The governments of Europe are afraid to trust the people with arms ... Let us not insult the free and gallant citizens of America with the suspicion that they would be less able to defend the rights of which they would be in actual possession than the debased subjects of arbitrary power would be to rescue theirs from the hands of their oppressors.”
Patriot Richard Henry Lee - renowned for calling for the independence of the colonies during the Second Continental Congress - is also remembered for warning that (1788) " to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.”
The United States President George Washington made the timeless observation (1790) that "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. They deserve a place of honor with all that is good. When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour." - George Washington in address to the 2nd session of united States Congress.
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950)
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"For the first time in history does a nation have complete gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient. The world will follow our lead in the future." - Adolph Hitler, 15 April 1935, in address to the Reichstag
If you want your rights back you have to take your responsibilities back first.
DO CHRISTIANS HAVE A RIGHT TO SELF DEFENSE?
- Part 1, 11-7-09
Do Christians Have a Right to Self Defense
- Part 2, 11-22-09
Do Christians Have a Right to Self Defense
- Part 3, 12-5-09
Do Christians Have a Right to Self Defense
- Part 4, 1-2-10
Do Christians Have a Right to Self Defense
This series of article which appeared at News With Views after I read a Chuck Baldwin article on the same subject has been used for some time in a private run police academy in Florida as a part of their training courses. I was amazed when they approached me for permission to incorporate it in their curriculum.
There are two spirits working or warring in America today, even in the whole world. One is of the light and liberty and righteousness of the Kingdom of God the other is of darkness coveting and seeking the tyranny of Hell.
Thugs and Beasts
Someone who read these News With Views articles conjectured that I actually never answered the very question I raised.
He attempted to summarize the articles with maybe a hint of sarcasm:
- "Christians have the right to defend themselves, their family and their neighbor using whatever force is necessary against thugs bent on doing them ill. That is unless the thug represents the government, in which case they should take their copy of Black's Law Dictionary to the nearest law library, study the countless laws they've subjected themselves to determine what is permissible in the situation they encountered. Of course such an endeavor should only be undertaken with the guidance and discernment provided by the Holy Spirit as few mortals would actually be able to fully comprehend what they're reading without divine guidance. After completing such a course of study one would know what the morally correct thing they should have done all those decades ago."
Well I thought I would make a feeble attempt at a summary avoiding the step by step in depth look that may have encouraged the teachers at the police academy to approach me for the use of these articles. Maybe this will allow me to answer the question as to who is the real thug. Who resulted to force first? After all according to Mark Passio it is the one who through the first blow that is critical in deciding who is really the thug.
The question is answered in the first article which clearly states you not only have a right but a responsibility and, even an obligation to defend yourself and others.
The rest of the articles show you why you are loosing your right to obtain the means to meet this natural obligation because you will not gather together as one body bound in Faith , Hope and Charity by way of Freewill offerings of the people, for the people and by the people through the Perfect law of liberty in Free Assemblies. Instead you bind yourselves together by contracts with Benefactors who exercise authority one over the other including over your neighbor. This desire for benefits at the expense of your neighbor alters society makes you merchandise, curses children and it is all because your application to eat at the table of rulers is a snare and a trap.
People fail to defend themselves and their neighbor from destitution through accidents, by unforeseen poverty and disease etc. Because people pray to government for social security, Medicare and Medicaid and other social and health benefits and care. Their provisions are of the Nimrods of the World who are taking on your responsibilities and are licensed by you to take from you and of course all your neighbors and thereby obtain a right to regulate your life.
You want to take from the rich because he is rich and it is your own possessions and rights which are forfeited. Your desire for One purse has captured you in a net of your own making. When you cry out because of your oppression you will not be heard by God.
Like the father who says if you live under my roof and eat at my table you go by my rules.
This is undoubtedly why Jesus said Call no man Father
- What was Christ trying to tell us about fathers on the earth?
This is why article 4 states clearly, "While the State of Montana has recently made an attempt to protect individual rights by enacting state provisions, few understand that individual rights require individual responsibility. Gun rights advocates wait to see what the Federal reaction will be. The difficulty the Federal government faces will remain, as always, how will they maintain the delusion that US citizens still enjoy natural God given rights as free people, while continuing to regulate such rights as the privilege they have become?"
The liberal label is for those people who believe in the right to choose except your right to choose to not pay for their abortion, or free education or healthcare. They actually do not believe in the right to choose at all and the gun advocate has already decided that it is okay to force their neighbor to pay for government services ( Health, Education and Welfare) at the point of the government's gun. They have chosen, given consent, to take away the right of their neighbor to choose and have lost their own right to choose.
Americans have already proved themselves violent thugs and predators and unworthy of firearms when they through Covetous Practices apply for benefits from men who call themselves Benefactors but who exercise authority. So I continued to write "Americans have failed to retain those rights by failing to recognize the consequences of applications for and acceptance of benefits, along with pervasive participation in social schemes dependent upon mutual surety and debt as seen in Pharaoh's Egypt, Nimrod's Babylon, Caesar's Rome, or Herod's Judea."
And then finish with "If you will not take back the responsibility to govern yourselves, to care and protect one another, to live by faith with hope through charity under the Perfect law of liberty which is love, and the duty of every Christian and God loving man, then you are probably to irresponsible to own a gun without being regulated by one government or another."
Americans have become comfortable with the idea of taking a bite out of one another. They have become little benefit beasties. Bound together by contract they all have the Mark of the Beast and have created a Beast by their Covetous Practices that goes about devouring who it wills.
The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but generally falls into one of these categories. Cornell Law School:
- 1. Intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Intent to cause physical injury is not required, and physical injury does not need to result. So defined in tort law and the criminal statutes of some states.
- 2. With the intent to cause physical injury, making another person reasonably apprehend an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Essentially, an attempted battery. So defined in the criminal statutes of some states.
- 3. With the intent to cause physical injury, actually causing such injury to another person. Essentially, the same as a battery. So defined in the criminal statutes of some states, and so understood in popular usage.
Apprehension v. Fear
- In this context, "apprehension" does not mean "fear." Rather, to experience apprehension, the victim must believe that the tortfeasor's conduct will result in imminent harmful or offensive contact unless it is somehow otherwise prevented. It isn't necessary that the victim believes the conduct will be effective in making such contact, only that he believes the conduct is capable of making such contact.
Definition of assault Merriam Webster
- 1 a : a violent physical or verbal attack
- b : a military attack usually involving direct combat with enemy forces an assault on the enemy's air base
- c : a concerted effort (as to reach a goal or defeat an adversary) an assault on drug trafficking
- 2 law
- a : a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension (see apprehension 1) of such harm or contact — compare battery
An "assault weapons" is a politically inflammatory term used to demonize semi-automatic guns. An “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. ... AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” nor “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic — a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.
AR-15s accounted for 14.4 percent of all rifles manufactured in 2007. If that proportion held true in 2016, then more than 610,000 AR-15s were produced and distributed in the U.S. that year alone. If there are around 310 million firearms in the USA today, that means these auto-loading clip fed rifles make up at least 3,000,000 guns while some estimates go to 10,000,000 or more.
Firearm-related death rate per 100,000 population per year US rates 12th
Firearm-related homicides rate per 100,000 population per year US rates 17th
Most shootings in America are gang related or are in Gun free zones. Gun free zones kill people. Most people who use guns like automobile are done safely by good people. There is no logic in taking cars away from sober people because some people drive drunk.
Teachers that wish to arm themselves and can pass basic safety tests and gun courses should be allowed to bring their gun to work from the janitor to the principle with school approval if they are employed.
The possibility of even few regular employees being armed and not just a guy with a uniform will begin to reduce deaths and probably shootings. We saw in Israel as an absolute success.
If 10% of the teachers and school employees desired to conceal carry that would be almost a half a million people in the schools capable of stopping a shooter or stabber.
That is not the only thing you can do but that is one of the quickest and cheapest way to make a difference. Just the possibility of armed resistance will stop even insane attempts to do harm. We know that mass shooters have chosen their targets because they were not likely to have anyone there to stop them.
Then there is also the fact that almost everyone who does commit mass murders of the kind we have seen at schools and in other gun free zones have been taking mind-altering drugs.
Millions of people own guns and hurt no one. In fact men like Stephen Willeford have confronted shooters with his own personal AR15.
Other hero's names disappear while the modern news media publishes the name of the murders over and over again. People who at the risk of their own lives and with the use of their own firearm confront and stop the carnage go unpraised because the truth that arms in the hands of good people is the greatest deterrent of crime does not fit the media agenda.
People like Assistant Principal Joel Myrick, James Strand, Tracy Bridges, Mikael Gross, Jeanne Assam, Donald J. Moore, Carolyn Gudger, Aaron Guyton, Nick Meli, Jonathan Baer, Clint Lund, Dr. Lee Silverman, Kenneth Hammond, Lisa Castellano and many other unnamed heroes who with their own firearms saved lives.
Sheriff Robinson stated “The rampage might have resulted in many more casualties had it not been for the quick response of a deputy sheriff who was working as a school resource officer at the school.” That deputy sheriff who was working as a school resource officer at the school who with an unarmed school security officer and two administrators ran from the cafeteria to the library. The deputy was yelling for people to get down and identified himself as a county deputy sheriff,” Robinson said. "We know for a fact that the shooter knew that the deputy was in the immediate area and, while the deputy was containing the shooter, the shooter took his own life."
If a man is about to kill a thousand people with a bomb and the only way to stop him is shoot him which might kill him what do you do? If you do nothing you are complicit in the death of a thousand people. What if only one man will die unjustly if you do not stop the murderer?
Because Stephen Willeford needs to be able to confront a shooter to protect children and others the right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed.
Benefactors | Fathers | Conscripted fathers | Pater Patriae | Patronus |
Rome vs US | Gods | Imperial Cult of Rome | Apotheos | Supreme being |
Corvee | Employ | Corban | Christian conflict | Merchandise | Bondage |
Citizen | Protection | Birth registration | Mark of the Beast | Undocumented |
Religion | Public religion | Pure Religion | False religion | Cult | Tesserae |
Covetous Practices | If I were the devil | Biting one another | Cry out
- “In the United States citizenship is defined in the fourteenth amendment to the Constitution as: ‘All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States and the States wherein they reside.’”
- Supreme Court of Georgia, Padelford, Fay ∓mp; Co. vs Mayor and Alderman, City of Savannah, 14 Ga. 438,520 (1854).
- Wallace v. Harmstad, 44 Pa. 492; etc. Black’s 3rd Ed. p. 95.
- Protectio trahit subjectionem, subjectio protectionem. Coke, Littl. 65."
- Some claim that Hitler did not say this but he did say "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let’s not have any native militia or native police." Hitler’s Table Talk, 1941-1944: Secret Conversations with the English translation copyrighted 1953 by Weidenfeld and Nicolson. Cited passage, from Part Three: 6 February – 7 September 1942: The quote could be the work of a very liberal translation, which is why finding an original source is so elusive. But it is clear that Hitler wanted to disarm the Jews 1938 German Weapons Act just as democrats today want to disarm conservatives.
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/