What are the roots of the Welfare State?
If we ask about the Paternal nature of governments of the world we may ask the question - "Who's your Daddy?"
Both went the way of Socialism which brought a weakening of the people as a free society. The Socialist wants to blame others for its failures, even Capitalism which by itself normally puts the means of production in the hands of the people.
Was there a failure of capitalism?
Do people even know what it is?
Do they know what socialism is and why [Was Jesus a socialist|Jesus was not a socialist]]?
What is Capitalism?
- "Capitalism is an economic system in which capital assets are privately owned and goods and services are produced for profit in a market economy." 
Capital is defined as "wealth in the form of money or other assets owned by a person or organization or available or contributed for a particular purpose such as starting a company or investing."
There are a lot of things we call money but they may not actually qualify as real money or assets. Assets use to be defined as "Goods or estate of a deceased person, sufficient to pay the debts of the deceased."
The move away from "real money" toward "legal tender" was a move away from the essential elements of Capitalism. Legal tender is a legal offer, in place of payment of debt, and does not lawfully pay a debt. Although it may legally discharge debt, the tender or offer does not pay the debt at law. “There is a distinction between a debt discharged and one paid. When discharged the debt still exists, though divested of its character as a legal obligation during the operation of the discharge. Something of the original vitality of the debt continues to exist…”.
Where does this debt continue?
Stanek vs White goes on to say, “…which may be transferred, even though the transferee takes it subject to its disability incident to the discharge. The fact that it carries something which may be a consideration for a new promise to pay, so as to make an otherwise worthless promise a legal obligation, makes it the subject of transfer by assignment”. 
There are long term repercussions and hidden shifts within society concerning what we call "legal title". Such titles do not include true and actual ownership, the Beneficial interest, nor profit, and therefore is no longer private. This was all a part of a shift away from "an economic system in which capital assets are privately owned and goods and services are produced for profit in a market economy."
Contributing to that shift was the redefining of basic terms. In Webster's 1828 dictionary Capital was defined as "stock, is the sum of money or stock which a merchant, banker or manufacturer employs in his business; either the original stock, or that stock augmented. Also, the sum of money or stock which each partner contributes to the joint fund or stock of the partnership; also, the common fund or stock of the company, whether incorporated or not."
But also at that time money was defined as "Coin; stamped metal; any piece of metal, usually gold, silver or copper, stamped by public authority, and used as the medium of commerce. We sometimes give the name of money to other coined metals, and to any other material which rude nations use a medium of trade. But among modern commercial nations, gold, silver and copper are the only metals used for this purpose. Gold and silver, containing great value in small compass, and being therefore of easy conveyance, and being also durable and little liable to diminution by use, are the most convenient metals for coin or money which is the representative of commodities of all kinds, of lands, and of every thing that is capable of being transferred in commerce."
There was a secondary reference of "Bank notes or bills of credit issued by authority" but only if they are "exchangeable for coin or redeemable" and they are only "called" money
So notes at best are a substitute for money. In other words notes, even before they are no longer redeemable in lawful money, are as valuable to you as SPAM, a "Substitute Posing As Money".
Democracy by its very nature is the use of force to compel the minority to conform to the will of the majority. Democratic socialists are even worse because they believe that being a democracy gives them a license to take from their neighbor.
Industry and the lifestyle of Americans prospered under the idea that Democracy was not a good thing and remnants of capitalism were still intact:
- “DEMOCRACY: A government of the masses. Authority derived through mass meeting or any form of direct expression. Results in mobocracy. Attitude toward property is communistic - negating property rights. Attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate, whether it is based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard for consequences. Results in demagogism, license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.” 1928 The United States Army Training Manual
As this country and its people moved from a Republic into the paternal arms of the United States a democracy within a republic it began the process of debt and decline under a redefinition of democracy by June 1952:
- “Meaning of democracy: Because the United States is a democracy, the majority of the people decide how our government will be organized and run - and that includes the Army, Navy and Air Force. The people do this by electing representatives, and these men and women carry out the wishes of the people.” -Army Field Manual Soldier’s Guide,1952.
Between these two publications, there was the New Deal, World War II, both overseen by the policies of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. The real failure of the people was the acceptance of the idea that it was okay to force one class of citizen to give up what they earned so that another could enjoy the fruits of another's labor. This single act of society and willingness to justify that covetousness of the people altered the soul of society.
The acceptance of the immoral premise that forcing your neighbor to give up what he or she produced undermined not only the natural drive to produce but the very institution where production begins, the family.
The very acceptance of the idea that force is better for the health of society than charity and hope undermines the compassion of the very heart of society. The relief from consequences of sloth by forcing burdens upon the industrious has long-range consequences that corrupt the natural drive of society from which society seldom recovers.
The issue is debated but the understanding is only for those who see the whole truth. Those who are self-righteous and/or covetous cannot see that their Welfare undermines the very fabric of society any more than the Pharisees could see that their Corban made the word of God to none effect.
Thomas Sowell argues that the Welfare Type based on force actually undermines the natural incentive of society which becomes more dependent upon handouts. While the woman talks about built-in expectation about the quality of life and the quality of jobs and income one expects in return, who built this expectation in and why is it to be provided at another's expense?
If someone wishes to subsidize the expectation of others they may have that right but they should do it with their own money and not that which they take from others.
One problem is the premise that someone should get something for nothing, like the "ill-equipped employees" working for salaries as social workers when they are not adequately trained and maintain poor or low skills is just another example of the trap and snare of the soul such welfare produces.
The idea that the alternatives are only two, get a job or be subsidized by government, is the basis of a big lie. People did help one another for centuries and it is the fabric of charity woven in the lives of the people that makes society strong and binds it in ways that strengthen the poor.
It is true that the poor you will have with you always as Jesus said. The amount of poor may change. There is a responsibility and duty to help your fellow man but it is only help if you are strengthening the poor. The manner in which you enlist to implement that help will determine not only the strength of the poor but the strength of society as a whole.
Being poor in itself is not a virtue and if you are slothful and do not care for your own needs you should not be allowed to live at the expense of others who do work diligently. Even the New Testament warns us about those who do not work.
But we should have an efficient way of helping those who may need help in hope that others will help us if we ever fall on hard times. All successfully free societies have such systems but they are rooted in individual choice in order to remain free and strong. The sin of Sodom was it was a welfare state and that weakened the poor rather than cause them to become stronger. 
Milton Friedman notes that during the rise of capitalism there was never a more charitable and eleemosynary society. It was the advent of the welfare state which brought about a slow corruption and even abdication of the private charities that had previously been so effective.
This charity in society was not only rooted in the duties of the Church but was one of its driving purposes as a Benefactor of the people, through the people and by the people. The Church is the one form of government that does not exercise authority one over the other.
The methods you use to aid and strengthen those in need is within your society, in truth, is your religion. Socialism is the religion you get when you have no religion. In fact the Bible defines Pure Religion as taking care of the needy of your society without the governments of the world. Polybius warned what happens to societies that live at the expense of their neighbor. When socialist governments like that of Cain, Nimrod or Pharaoh provide for the people liberty is lost and tyranny will soon reign.
- Star Parker of Urban CURE talks about her transition from welfare recipient to successful business woman
Pure Religion |
Private welfare |
Fleeing Religion |
False religion | Public religion | Our Religion | Christian conflict |
Corban | Baptism | Benefactors | ThatWord | Daily ministration |
Modern Christians | Diocletianic Persecution | Christians check list |
gods | Judge not | Judge | Fathers | Deist | Damnable heresies |
Pharisees | Sadducees | Zealot | Essenes | Levites |
Messianic Judaism | Menahem the Essene | Sanhedrin |
Altars | Clay and Stone | Red Heifer | Golden calf |
Freewill offerings | Religion | Pure Religion | Public religion |
Christian conflict | Paganism | Denominations | Dispensationalism |
Benefactors | Corban | Daily ministration | Calendars |
Cult | Imperial Cult of Rome | Guru_theories| | Covet | Merchandise |
Mark of God | Mark of Cain | Mark of the Beast
Section 666 | Benefactors | Biting one another | Cry out | Worship |
Church | Temples | Religious Orders | Priests | Kings and priests |
Bible Index | Network |
Welfare | Welfare types | Private welfare | Public religion | Roots of the Welfare State |
Health | Education | Economy | Food Stamps | Community | Socialism | Covetous Practices |
Benefactors | Fathers | Corban | Mark of the Beast | Christian conflict | Temples |
Not so Secure Socialism | Nicolaitan | Nimrod | Corvee | Snare | Religion |
FEMA | Lady Godiva | Pure Religion | Charitable Practices | Exercises authority | Network |
- Stanek v. White. 172 Minn. 390, 215 N. W. 784.
- Chapter 2. of the book The Covenants of the gods, Law vs Legal Audio http://keysofthekingdom.info/COG-02.mp3 Text http://www.hisholychurch.org/study/gods/cog2lvl.php
- Bank notes or bills of credit issued by authority, and exchangeable for coin or redeemable, are also called money; as such notes in modern times represent coin, and are used as a substitute for it. If a man pays in hand for goods in bank notes which are current, he is said to pay in ready money
- “I believe in the United States of America as a government… whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed: a democracy in a republic.” The American Creed, April 3, 1918, the new American creed was read in Congress.
- Psalms 69:22 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap. Romans 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
- Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
- Proverbs 12:24 ... the slothful shall be under tribute.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:10 "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."
- Ezekiel 16:49 "Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."
- Isaiah 3:9 "The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide [it] not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves."
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/