Robert LaVoy Finicum
Robert LaVoy Finicum Shot dead
This video was Published on Mar 8, 2016
In this video shown at a Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office press conference, the aerial FBI video of the LaVoy Finicum shooting has been synched with a cellphone video Shauna Cox recorded from within Finicum’s truck.
You can hear their conversation as events unfold including the death of Lavoy.
Below is an Enhanced view of the original Drone view which shows Lavoy coming out with hands in air charging no one. https://youtu.be/kUzzrjBo_HU Enhanced: Video captures the deadly confrontation between LaVoy Finicum and FBI. There is a statement and request by the Lavoy Finicum family for the other video and sound recordings, including ones made by Shawna Cox who was in the truck and an eyewitness. https://youtu.be/kUzzrjBo_HU Time 8:03
“Rancher, Loves Freedom and willing to risk his life for that freedom.” His last post on the site was a video of a group of children singing “Amazing Grace.” His Twitter pseudonym is taken from his book title, One Cowboy’s Last Stand for Freedom. He worked hard, loved his family and cared deeply about the abuses being showered upon innocent people like the Hammond family and hundreds of others. He was willing to give up his comfort to defend the rights of others. Even if their strategy may have been flawed he was a good man.
Finicum Family Statement Feb 2
Original Statement 2 PDF Detailed Version
SUPPLEMENTAL STATEMENT FROM THE LAVOY FINICUM FAMILY 2-2-2016
The purpose of this statement is to supplement the statement we issued earlier. It does not contradict our previous statement, but only serves to supplement, support and add detail to our previous position.
At this point, based on the additional information we have now received, it is our position that not only was the shooting death of LaVoy Finicum completely unjustified, but that the FBI and Oregon State Police may also be engaging in a cover-up, and seeking to manipulate and mislead the media and the American public about what really happened.
We realize this may sound like a bold statement, but now that Shawna Cox, who was a passenger in LaVoy’s vehicle, and an eyewitness, has been released from custody, we have now had the opportunity to hear yet another account, and the ability to start cross-referencing all currently available information to figure out what really happened. This has shed important additional light on the whole ordeal -- especially when Cox is given the opportunity to essentially narrate what is happening in the video, from an eyewitness standpoint.
It is our position that under the guise of claimed transparency, the FBI was very quick to release a very grainy, edited video, along with their interpretation of what they claimed it showed, without any audio overlay, in an effort to attempt to try to make the first impression on this issue, and seek to sway public opinion from the outset.
Based on Shawna Cox’s account, coupled with the account of Victoria Sharp, and comparison to the video released by the FBI, we now desire to make the following additional observations:
- • Mark McConnell (if that is even his real name), had previously issued a statement that LaVoy had supposedly “charged” toward the officers. According to Shawna Cox, however, McConnell was not even present and had no personal knowledge whatsoever of what happened at the roadblock where LaVoy was killed. By way of background, McConnell had shown up at the refuge just two days earlier and ingratiated himself into their circle. He insisted on driving Ammon Bundy to the meeting. His vehicle was stopped at the outset, immediately surrounded by other vehicles and officers, and Ammon was arrested at that point, without incident. According to Shawna Cox, McConnell was never arrested and hasn’t been charged. Consequently, at this point it seems fairly obvious that McConnell was either an undercover agent who was helping to orchestrate the whole thing, or he was bribed somehow. But he never even saw what happened with LaVoy.
- • Officers started shooting at LaVoy’s vehicle and the people in it right from the outset, even at the very first stop. Ryan Payne put his empty hands out of LaVoy’s truck window, and they shot at him. Ryan then yelled that there were women in the vehicle. The officers instructed them to allow the women to get out of the vehicle, but Victoria Sharp refused, and Shawna Cox would not leave her.
- • LaVoy clearly stated (yelled) to the officers, repeatedly, that it was his intention to go on to Grant County to talk to the sheriff there. But a disagreement ensued between LaVoy and Ryan Payne as to what they should do, so Payne exited the vehicle, at which time LaVoy proceeded farther until he came to the roadblock.
- • According to Shawna Cox, they were being fired upon right from the outset at the second stop, before LaVoy even exited the vehicle. Bullets had already come through the front windshield. According to Cox, there is no question that LaVoy was trying to draw the gunfire away from the others in the vehicle.
- • According to Cox, because it was very obvious that LaVoy had his hands in the air and intended to keep them there, the best explanation for LaVoy’s arguably furtive hand movements, and why he lowered his hands and reached for his side at one point is because he had already been shot, and he was reaching toward the area where he had been hit as an involuntary physical reflex, despite his fairly obvious determination to try to keep his hands in the air, as evidenced by the fact that he once again attempted to raised his hands, before being shot again and collapsing.
- • According to Shawna Cox, after LaVoy was lying motionless in the snow, the legion of federal agents and police unleashed a barrage of gunfire on LaVoy’s truck and its remaining occupants, then including Ryan Bundy, Shawna Cox and Victoria Sharp, and shot it repeatedly. It was during this round of gunfire that Ryan Bundy was wounded. According to Cox, it was miraculous that no one else (which included Victoria Sharpe, a completely innocent bystander) was killed or seriously wounded during this attack. In addition to gunfire, they were also terrorized by repeated smoke and pepper bombs.
- • There was never any attempt to provide any meaningful or timely medical attention to LaVoy. Victoria Sharp kept yelling that she was an EMT, and she wanted to treat him, but she was shot at instead.
- • After re-reviewing the extended video with better technology, we want to reiterate that we are not accepting at face value the FBI’s statement that LaVoy was actually armed.
In summary and conclusion, after now having had the opportunity to view the full video with better technology, and to cross-reference it with two eye-witness accounts, what we believe the video shows is that LaVoy was being fired upon before he even got out of the truck. He exited very quickly and ran away from the vehicle to draw the gunfire away from the truck and its remaining occupants. He had his empty hands in the air. He never wielded a weapon. He never posed any genuine threat to anyone. It is our position that he was cornered like a helpless animal, with nowhere else to turn, and executed in cold blood. We believe he had already been shot before he ever lowered his hands. We believe some of his hand movements were a natural physical reflex to being shot. He was shot multiple times in the back with his hands in the air. He was then completely ignored and disregarded for an extended period of time, and left to die with no attempt to provide any medical attention, while an entire of officers and agents(estimated to be at least 20 at that location), thoroughly terrorized the remaining occupants of the vehicle, including two women (Shawna Cox and Victoria Sharp), by shooting the truck full of holes.
Based on the FBI’s own preemptive efforts to manipulate public opinion under the guise of transparency, it is our position that if the FBI has nothing to hide and it wants to be fully transparent about what happened, it should immediately release the following:
- • All applicable audio recordings and sound tracks, including an audio track of the
event recorded on Shawna Cox’s phone, which has not been released.
- • Full length, unedited video (by drones, body cameras, dash cameras, etc.)
- • Complete, close-up images of LaVoy’s truck following the siege.
In the meantime, we will have no choice but to wait for the outcome of the independent investigation and hope that nothing is done to tamper with the evidence.
Statement FINICUM family Jan 10
We know that there are always at least two sides to every story. We also know and recognize that the FBI and law enforcement agencies involved will do everything in their power to make it appear as if the needless death of our husband, father, grandfather, brother and son, LaVoy Finicum, was justified.
Like almost everyone else, we were not there, so we don’t know exactly what happened. Like most others, we have no choice but to rely on other sources of information. One of those sources of information is the account of Victoria Sharp. Another piece of information is the video recently released by the FBI, along with the FBI’s chosen narrative of what happened. In response to this information, we would like to make a few observations.
The first observation is that from what we understand, the occupation was on track toward a peaceful resolution. LaVoy and those he was with were en route to a public meeting in an adjoining county when they were stopped in something far different than a “routine traffic stop,” as has been portrayed by the media.
Unfortunately, the powers that be were not interested in being patient enough for the occupation to come to a peaceful end. Some had called for LaVoy and those he was with to simply be gunned down, just as he was, with no due process. Oregon Governor, Kate Brown, was putting pressure on the FBI to end it sooner rather than later. The Harney County Sheriff’s Department working in conjunction with the FBI tried to do everything they could to emphasize how disruptive the occupation was to the local community when in reality it appears to have been their own reaction that was causing most of the disruption. And it was the FBI that chose to escalate the situation to force a confrontation and violent ending.
With respect to the actual facts and circumstances surrounding LaVoy’s death, the video really speaks for itself. People will interpret it according to their own views. As the FBI’s own narrative stated, LaVoy was not wielding a firearm or any other weapon when he was killed. His hands were obviously in the air. Knowing LaVoy, it is our view that he was moving away from the vehicle in an attempt to draw any hostility or violence away from the others. Unfortunately, we don’t know what he was saying, and what was being said to him.
He appears to have been gesturing or trying to keep his balance while moving in the deep snow. Although he may have been animated, he does not appear to have been threatening or posing any real threat or danger to anyone. The FBI claims that LaVoy had a loaded firearm in an inside pocket of his coat. After re-reviewing the extended video, at this point we are not accepting at face value the FBI’s statement that LaVoy was actually armed. But even if he was, as far as we can see, that firearm posed no more danger to anyone than it would have if he had stayed in the vehicle, with his hands on the steering wheel. Contrary to what has been stated by some sources, LaVoy was not “charging” anyone. He appears to have been shot in the back, with his hands in the air.
It is our understanding that according to applicable law, the use of deadly force is justified only if there is a genuine threat of death or serious bodily injury. It is our understanding and position that deadly force should only be used as a last resort. In LaVoy’s case it appears that they were determined to go straight to the last resort. It is our understanding that the U.S. Supreme Court and Ninth Circuit Court of appeals have ruled as follows:
“The reasonableness of [officers’] actions depends both on whether the officers were in danger at the precise moment that they used force and on whether [the officers’] own reckless or deliberate conduct during the seizure unreasonably created the need to use such force.”
"[W]here an officer intentionally or recklessly provokes a violent confrontation . . . he may be held liable for his otherwise defensive use of deadly force.” Although officers may claim self-defense, they may still be liable for using excessive force if their reckless and unconstitutional actions create the need to use excessive force."
It is our understanding that in addition to shooting LaVoy multiple times, after he was left lying harmlessly on the ground the officers also fired upon his truck and the passengers in it, putting them all at risk, despite the fact that they were posing no threat to anyone. The video clearly shows one of the windows being blown out. It has been gut-wrenching for our family to view the video of LaVoy being shot, and then left to lie in the snow while a whole army of so-called “public servants” terrorized the others. We can only hope their families never have to watch such a thing. We will be interested to inspect the vehicle. We will also be interested to see the autopsy report.
At this point we will await the outcome of any investigation, but based on the information currently available to us, we do not believe that LaVoy’s shooting death was justified. We likewise can't see any justification for the force and risk of serious injury or death that was exerted against the others in the truck, who posed no threat.
We know that under such circumstances law enforcement typically makes every attempt to cast such shooting victims in the worst possible light. In that regard, we also want to observe and emphasize that LaVoy had a squeaky clean record, and had never had so much as a speeding ticket. In addition to raising his own eleven children, he had also been entrusted with the care of at least 50 foster children over the course of approximately 10 years.
On January 7, 2016, LaVoy issued an official statement from the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. Among other things, the statement said: “We want to clarify that we share any and all concerns about safety for everyone involved, including ourselves, our families, the public, and law enforcement officers.
"All lives are important to us"
Ultimately, we want everyone involved to be able to return safely to their homes and families."
We are deeply troubled and saddened that our governments do not share the same concern for human life. We are deeply troubled that our governments would view whatever was happening at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge to be worth spilling blood over. We are deeply troubled and saddened that our governments have come to place so little value on life, liberty, property and pursuit of happiness.
We love LaVoy as our husband, father, grandfather, brother and son. He was a hero to us. We believe he died as a patriotic martyr. Regardless of any and all differing opinions, we know that he died standing for a cause HE believed in.
LaVoy’s funeral will be held in Kanab, Utah on Friday, February 5, 2016.
We take comfort in our faith and our belief that LaVoy is now in a better place. May our dear Lord bless and receive him into that realm. We sincerely appreciate all the thoughts and prayers that have been sent our way. We pray for those who chose to take LaVoy’s life. We desire justice and genuine accountability for what happened, but we pray for them.
And finally, we thank God for this country and what it is supposed to stand for. We pray for this country, and that God will please bless, help and forgive us all.
Right to the land
There is a lot of talk about the BLM management, rights including Constitutional rights. [To understand more about the BLM we have additional information at BLM.]But rights cannot exist without responsibilities because they are one in the same. Was Robert LaVoy Finicum correct in his position?
Did Clive Bundy or even Robert LaVoy Finicum just lease the grazing rights but had purchased them from others who owned those rights before the BLM existed but if you understand the law and the chain of possession somewhere in the history of the title to those grazing rights the record will show that they were divided into legal and equitable titles.
The Legal title to grazing rights are not what was originally developed back in the day when men and women proved up rights by use. Legal rights are not the same as Lawful rights to property. They may not include the true and actual title to a right or even to the "use " of that property. The Constitution and such rights do not exist in a vacuum.
We need to understand the whole truth so that good men do not die.[When I originally wrote that line Robert LaVoy Finicum was still alive. We need to take a much deeper look at the problem if we are going to avoid unnecessary bloodshed.] We need to know the whole truth and provide for it.
Even more importantly, a legal title is “one which is complete and perfect so far as regards the apparent right of ownership and possession, but which carries no beneficial interest in the property, another person being equitably entitled thereto; in either case, the antithesis of ‘equitable title.’
- “And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you:” (II Pe. 2, 2-3.)
First, we see that a Legal title, although it may appear to be a “right of ownership”, “carries no beneficial interest.” If a legal title does not include a right to the beneficial interest, then it does not include a right to the “profit, benefit, or advantage resulting from a contract,” nor does it include “the ownership of an estate.” After all, a beneficial interest is “distinct from the legal ownership.”
In the simplest of terms, a Legal title only appears to be a right to ownership, but it is not the “ownership of an estate.”
- “Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:” (Exodus 34, 12.)
By definition, a Legal title is the opposite, or at least the antithesis, of an “equitable title.” An equitable title, as opposed to a legal title, “is a right in the party”, rather than only appearing to be a right. It is “the beneficial interest of one person whom equity regards as the real owner, although the legal title is vested in another.”
People in America often and at best only had Legal title.
The Federal Government and the agencies that serve it and its interests will claim a paramount interest in all property held as Legal title. All such property is held in a trust and has become a surety for debt in what is called a cestui que trust or what was called Mammon in the Bible. People think they are freemen living in a free country but in truth they are in Bondage living in Egypt.
How did they get there?
It has been a long road and the journey back is just as long.
We need to understand:
- the Contract Clause of the Constitution,
- the Judiciary act of 1789, and
- how Equity fits into the ways of the world and
- [[Natural Law].
And we need to understand what brings us under the authority of "master and monarch".
Polybius believed all democracies fail.
Thousands of years ago Polybius understood that, "The masses continue with an appetite for benefits and the habit of receiving them by way of a rule of force and violence. The people, having grown accustomed to feed at the expense of others and to depend for their livelihood on the property of others... institute the rule of violence;  and now uniting their forces massacre, banish, and plunder, until they degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch." 
The authoritarian state uses force and violence to become the Benefactors of the people. But the people judge that is okay so that they can get the benefits of that society. That is the way of Cain and Nimrod. That is the way of the Nicolaitans. It is not The Way of Christ.
The government has become your pastors and those pastors are brutes. We have followed blind guides because of our Covetous hearts. They force one class of citizen to provide for another and we are partakers of the way. Christ forbid that type of government for those who would follow Him. He told us not to make the Fathers of the earth our Benefactors.
If you send your children to public schools, seek to have the government take care of your parents or just depend on Social Security to do what you should do out of love then you should be under tribute because your Slothful in the ways of Righteousness and all you have should be surety for debt.
You do not own what you think you own or have a right to what you think you have a right to. If you want to take care of orphans or the elderly or the needy you cannot depend on those Benefactors who exercise authority. You must do it unspotted by that World through what was called Pure Religion, by Faith, Hope and Charity through the Perfect law of liberty or you shall not be free.
- “The real destroyers of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations, and benefits.” Plutarch
Robert LaVoy Finicum was probably a very good man and did not deserve to be killed. But we lack knowledge and if we are going to fight the good fight and avoid senseless killing and death we need to recognize that as individuals and a society we have need of repentance.
If you want to make the journey back to liberty under God you must seek righteousness. You must stop coveting your neighbors goods, his labor, his property for your benefit. You must stop biting one another through systems of what was called Corban run by the Benefactors who exercise authority one over the other who are the Fathers of the earth.
You need to put on the full armor of God if you want to attend to the Weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith which include caring for the needs of our neighbors, the widows and orphans of our society through Pure Religion in matters of health, education, and welfare. We are NOT to do so by the Covetous Practices of modern governments.
The Way of Christ was not like the way of the world, nor the governments of the gentiles who depend on benefactors who exercise authority. Christ's ministers and true Christians do not depend upon systems of social welfare that force the contributions of the people like the corban of the Pharisees which made the word of God to none effect. Many people have been deceived to go the way of Balaam and the Nicolaitan and out of The Way of Christ.
The Christian conflict of the first century Church appointed by Christ was because they would not apply to the fathers of the earth for benefits but instead relied upon a voluntary network providing a daily ministration to the needy of society through Faith, Hope, and Charity by way of freewill offerings of the people, for the people, and by the people through the perfect law of liberty in Free Assemblies according to the ancient pattern of Tuns or Tens.
"Follow me!" —Jesus the Christ.
- One of the most important things to do is to become involved in a network of Charitable Practices. Everyone should want to join a Living Network of Love and Charity.
- If you think you have a calling to be a Minister of God or you might want to dedicate your life to Christ as an Ordained Minister of His Holy Church then contact us to start the process of discipleship and become the benefactors who exercise only love, NOT authority.
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- Black’s Law Dictionary 3rd p 1734.
- Black’s Law Dictionary 3rd “cognizance” p 346.
- Black’s Law Dictionary 3rd “legal title” p 1734.
- Black’s Law Dictionary 3rd “beneficial Interest” p 206.
- Black’s Law Dictionary 3rd “Equitable Title” p 1734.
- Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
- Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
- Context: "But when a new generation arises and the democracy falls into the hands of the grandchildren of its founders, they have become so accustomed to freedom and equality that they no longer value them, and begin to aim at pre-eminence; and it is chiefly those of ample fortune who fall into this error. 6 So when they begin to lust for power and cannot attain it through themselves or their own good qualities, they ruin their estates, tempting and corrupting the people in every possible way. 7 And hence when by their foolish thirst for reputation they have created among the masses an appetite for gifts and the habit of receiving them, democracy in its turn is abolished and changes into a rule of force and violence. 8 For the people, having grown accustomed to feed at the expense of others and to depend for their livelihood on the property of others, as soon as they find a leader who is enterprising but is excluded from the houses of office by his penury, institute the rule of violence; 9 and now uniting their forces massacre, banish, and plunder, until they degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch" Polybius: The Histories (composed at Rome around 130 BC)Fragments of Book VI, p289
- Matthew 20:25-26 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
Mark 10:42-43 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Luke 22:25-26 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
Hue and cry | Go and cry | Hammond | The Occupy Refuge Movement | Militia |
Land issues | Mark Taylor | Bret Bohn | Justina | Polybius | Plutarch | Nimrod |
Self-Sacrifice | Forgive | In need of forgiveness | Welfare | Dialectic |
Public religion | Covetous Practices | Biting one another | Divide |
Christian conflict | Acts of the Scillitan Martyrs | Merchandise | Curse children |
Bondage | Law | Natural Law | Legal title | Common Law | Jury | Consent |
The Ten Laws | Protection | Weightier_matters | Social_contract |
Live as if the state does not exist | Fathers | Conscripted fathers | Benefactors |
Divide | Cry out | Pure Religion | Charitable Practices | Cities of refuge |
Corban | Was Jesus a socialist | Supreme being | Mark of the Beast |
Perfect law of liberty | The Way | Lady Godiva | Network |