A REPUBLICAN FORM
We know that “The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government…” but what would that look like? The term republic comes from the words Libera Res Publica, Free from Things Public. Through sophistry the word republic has come to mean more than one form of government.
- “Tacitus repeatedly contrasts the res publica under the emperors with the pre-Augustus libera res publica; and in the Germania 37, encountering the disasters which Germans inflicted upon the res publica Romanorum, he distinguishes between the old res publica, which he calls the populus Romanus, and the new res publica, which he calls “Caesar.” The old res publica hardly had the mixed constitution which dreamers assigned it and which actually never can exist, but it was something greater and majestic which lives on as a glorious memory in a mean age.”
A pure Republic allows the people the power or liberty of choice. They may retain their right to choose or waive it for what they believe is profitable or for gain but not without consequences.
“The term republic, res publica, signifies the state independently of its form of government.” That means that the power of the state remains with the people. Therefore the people must maintain their responsibility of being the government of, for and by the people if they wish to retain their rights. They cannot do this if they lack knowledge.
People change and governments change and vice versa. It has been said, “All roads lead to Rome,” but if we turn around all roads lead to the Kingdom of God. It is all about which direction you choose to go, which path you choose to take. “Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matthew 7:14
Does God want you to be property of the state or free souls under Him? When the voice of the people elected Saul to fight their battles for them they were rejecting the form of government that Moses had shown them and establishing another form and by so doing were rejecting God and His ways.
- “Some scholars regard the ancient confederation of Hebrew tribes that endured in Palestine from the 15th century BC until a monarchy was established about 1020 BC as an embryonic republic. That would make the ancient Israelite commonwealth the earliest republic in history....”
The Levites administered charity and mercy as public servants, but they had no exercising authorityover the choices of the people, nor their liberty. They only had control over what they were given in sacrifice by free will offerings. Essentially their tax system was voluntary. The choice of how much you would pay and who you would pay remained with the people.
The leaders were chosen by ten families in congregations, bound together by love, charity and a common sense of justice and mercy. Such systems, like others, is dependent upon the moral quality of the people. The intrinsic difference compared to what we see today is that the power of the state remained with the people directly and not with the chosen administration. The people held the power of the state individually and independently from the administration of government.
- “Republic. A commonwealth; that form of government in which the administration of affairs is open to all the citizens. In another sense, it signifies the state, independently of its government.” Black’s Law Dictionary 3rd Ed. p1536.
There was no power to take the first fruits of their labor, draft their sons and daughters, nor compel taxes until they elected to have a central government.  The people remained free souls under God as long as they loved God and one another as much as they loved themselves.
But though they had a republican form of government they altered that form and were changed by their own choice. When Christ came they had become a centralized kingdom that was a part of the corrupted Roman Empire. They still claimed Moses but had twisted the form of his government so much that they could not recognize Christ when he came preaching that kingdom of God at hand.
Somewhere along the way, some people began to believe that we collectively had the right to decide what was good and evil, not only for ourselves, but for our neighbor, as well. We called it democracy. A democracy, direct or indirect, is not a republic. Although you may find a democracy within a republic.
In early America, the success and prosperity of the people was, no doubt in part, due to the fact that “The churches in New England were so many nurseries of freemen, training them in the principles of self-government and accustoming them to the feeling of independence. In these petty organizations were developed, in practice, the principles of individual and national freedom. Each church was a republic in embryo. The fiction became a fact, the abstraction a reality...” Modern American churches have reversed this process.
The first century church provided the entire social welfare of Christians through faith, hope and charity. This was because of Christ's directives including the one concerning benefactors who exercise authority. Modern Americans have moved from a virtuous self reliant republic to covetous democracy. The United States is a democracy within the original republicand it has changed as its citizen's relationships have been altered by choice, consent and indifference.
They may claim the glory and character of their forefathers as the pharisees claimed Moses but they do not know, nor act with that character. They have sold their birth right for a bowl of benefits at their neighbor's expense. They have coveted their neighbor's goods and become human resources. They have sought free education and social welfare at the expense of their neighbors through men who call themselves benefactors but exercise authority one over the other and become snared into a pit of bondage where neither God the father nor Christ will hear them. History will repeat itself if we will not learn from it. If you are not free from things public then you have subscribed to a form of government fashioned after the precepts of Caesar rather than a free society. The dreams and desires of the people may become a nightmare of despair before those who now slumber awaken.
If you just want to read articles and books little will change for the better. If you would like to turn around and walk another way join the Living Network in your area and find out about real solutions and salvation.
All free nations in history gathered in a network and learned to care about one another as much as they cared about themselves by tending to what Christ called the Weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith which include caring for the needs of our neighbors, the widows and orphans of our society through Pure Religion in matters of health, education, and welfare. We are NOT to do so by the Covetous Practices of modern governments.
The Way of Christ was not like the way of the world, nor the governments of the gentiles who depend on benefactors who exercise authority. Christ's ministers and true Christians do not depend upon systems of social welfare that force the contributions of the people like the corban of the Pharisees which made the word of God to none effect. Many people have been deceived to go the way of Balaam and the Nicolaitan and out of The Way of Christ.
The Christian conflict of the first century Church appointed by Christ was because they would not apply to the fathers of the earth for benefits but instead relied upon a voluntary network providing a daily ministration to the needy of society through Faith, Hope, and Charity by way of freewill offerings of the people, for the people, and by the people through the perfect law of liberty in Free Assemblies according to the ancient pattern of Tuns or Tens.
"Follow me!" —Jesus the Christ.
- One of the most important things to do is to become involved in a network of Charitable Practices. Everyone should want to join a Living Network of Love and Charity.
- If you think you have a calling to be a Minister of God or you might want to dedicate your life to Christ as an Ordained Minister of His Holy Church then contact us to start the process of discipleship and become the benefactors who exercise only love, NOT authority.
Civil Government |
Government and Liberty Described |
Social contract | Covenants of the gods | Contracts, Covenants and Constitutions |
Nationalism | Republic | Democracy | Minarchism | Statism | Fascism | Federation
Communism | Anarcho communism | Communist Manifesto | Saul Syndrome |
Communist Altruism | Primitive Communism | Karl Marx Marriage |
Collectivism | Altruism | Anarchist | Capitalism | Socialism | Rules For Radicals | Atheist |
Viable republic | Republican form | The Way | Perfect law of liberty | NAP |
Taxation | Tribute | Tithe | Tithing | Pay tribute | Social Security | Corban | Hierarchy |
Imperial Cult of Rome | The Democracy Cult | Employ | Bondage | Mammon |
Nimrod | Mystery Babylon | Saving Babylon | Exiting Babylon | Temples |
Supreme being | gods many | Ideological subversion | Foolishly | Law |
Schools as Tools | Roots of the Welfare State | Covetous Practices |
Consent not | Withdraw consent | Come out | Put out | Cry out | Voice |
Kingdom of God | Church legally defined | Pure Religion | Christian conflict |
Related Audio files
2/15/2013 The continuing discussion of the fifth chapter of the book, The Covenants of the gods, titled God vs. Government. Comparing the righteousness and virtue that is bred by the government that is the Kingdom of God to the sloth and iniquity bred by the covetous systems of the world. cog07RepublicvsDemocracy56.mp3
2/15/2013 A discussion about the eighth chapter of the book, The Covenants of the gods, titled Democracy vs. Demagogue. Liberties lost. Little tyrants who don't have the courage to steal directly from their neighbor invent systems of government to take away the choice of their neighbor to contribute to their welfare. Solutions are found in taking back responsibilities. cog08DemocracyvsDemagogue56.mp3
2/15/2013 Discussion of the ninth chapter of the book, The Covenants of the gods, titled System vs. System, referencing the system of God's plan for man, and the system of man's plan for man. They are basically two systems on earth, man's and God's. In God's system God rules over man, in man's system man rules over man. Civil states and systems are set up by man to replace God, the state becomes their protector, their lawmaker, the one they obey and bow down to. cog09SystemvsSystem56.mp3
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- Constitution of the United States, Section 4.
- The Ruling Power: A Study Of The Roman Empire In The Second Century After Christ Through The Roman Oration Of Aelius Aristides, James H. Oliver, Kessinger Publishing, July 25, 2006. ISBN-13: 978-1428659315.
- Bouvier’s Law Dictionary Vol.1. page 13 (1870).
- “Are men the property of the state? Or are they free souls under God? This same battle continues throughout the world.”Cecil B. DeMille in “The Ten Commandments.”
- Voice of the People. http://www.hisholychurch.org/news/articles/voice.php
- 1 Samuel 8:7 “And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.”
- “Republic,” Microsoft ® Encarta. © 1994 Ms. Corp. and F & W Corp.
- See “The Sophistry of Sacrifice” http://www.hisholychurch.org/sermon/sacrifice.php
- 1 Samuel 8:8...18 “... since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt ... he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons... and to make his instruments of war,... take your daughters... take... take... take... take... And ye shall cry out ... the LORD will not hear you in that day.”
- John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
- Lives of Issac Heath and John Bowles, Elders of the Church and of John Eliot, Jr., preacher in the mid 1600’, written by J, Wingate Thorton. 1850.
- Luke 22:25 “And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But it shall not be so among you:” Matthew 20:25, Mark 10:42
- April 3, 1918, the American creed was read in Congress, “I believe in the United States of America as a government… whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed: a democracy in a republic.”
- Genesis 25:30 “And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red [pottage]; for I [am] faint: therefore was his name called Edom.” Romans 9:13 “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.”
- 2 Peter 2:3 “and through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.”
- Psalms 69:22 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap. Romans 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: Proverbs 1:10...17 “My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.... Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird.” Jeremiah 5:26 For among my people are found wicked [men]: they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men. As a cage is full of birds, so are their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and waxen rich. They are waxen fat, they shine: yea, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge.
- Rome vs US? http://www.hisholychurch.org/news/articles/romeus.php
- Not forsaking the gathering together http://www.hisholychurch.org/network/localnet.php
- Matthew 20:25-26 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
Mark 10:42-43 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Luke 22:25-26 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
First publiched by Brother Gregory Williams
August 19, 2012
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/