While all communes are communities all communities are not communes.
A commune may own all things together and work together to produce what they need or want. What happens when some do not want to equally share in the work but want to equally share in the benefit of the work?
Someone will carry a greater load or burden and receive less for their efforts. This will take away the natural incentive to produce sufficiently to sustain comfort or even life.
This idea of from each according to ability and to each according to need produced starvation and injustice in the early American colonies of Plymouth and Jamestown until they introduced private property.
- Alternative-family communities is where people come together as a sort of alternative to the natural family. This begs the question who is the Father of the family and will this undermine the natural families that begin with in such communities?
- Cooperative communities can include Cooperative business where the families remain independent but may come together to run some large business. This form of community may maintain the individual capitalism that ballance the community so that it does not fall into the pit of One Purse.
- Countercultural communities often eventually produce Countercultural communities such as we see with the children of Hippies becoming yuppies and
- Egalitarian communities attempt to establish some sort of equality. As a political doctrine it may attempt establish equal political, economic, social, and civil rights or access to natural rights. But as a social philosophy it may advocate the removal of economic economic inequalities. This can seldom be done without centralizing power or taking away the natural rights of the minority.
- Egalitarianism can be limited by the recognition that you have an equal right to pursue happiness or it may go to the totalitarian idea that you have an equal right to happiness even at your neighbors expense. Some egalitarianism attempts to decentralize of power by the use of power collectively while others may do this by a common recognition of equal rights to the product of your labor.
- Rehabilitational communities may be temporary to help individuals alter behavior and habits or addictions.
- Religious communities very according to the definition of Religion.
Community | Intentional Community | Sense of Community | Community Types |
Community Ethics | Community Law | Society and community | Communities Ancient |
Communion | Eucharist | Social Virtues | Daily ministration | Tens | FEMA |
Feasts | Feasts and festivals | Pentecost | Celebrate | Burning Bush Festival |
Law | Rights | Economy | Education | Welfare_types | Perfect law of liberty |
Benefactors | gods | Covet | First to do List | Fundamental orders | Network |