Over the years because I have written about law, history and the Bible in books like The Covenants of the gods people have sent me their ideas for fighting what they see as oppression and control of big government.
The purpose of the book was to deal with the contractual nature of man’s relationship with the God of heaven and the “gods many” of the “world”. I stated in the book that it was a beginning and was not intended to supply an answer nor was it meant to establish an authority in your mind and there was no advice intended.
We have been watching people get other people into trouble with one fallacious argument after another for almost half a century trying to avoid paying taxes. People keep believing these arguments or ideas, which are often void due to inconvenient truths, because they want to believe it is someone else's fault.
We do not want to see more people go to jail, or lose their homes and families or wreck their lives.
The 861 Argument is no exception. Even Irwin Shift advocates seem to dispute the viewof Larken Rose. The idea that the list of taxable activities found in Subchapter N of Chapter 1 of the Internal Revenue Code shows that only income from foreign source is taxable does not negate the credibility of the tax if we are to understand what is foreign.
Decades ago when Shift was fighting the income tax The Jonathan Swift Society sent me what was called the "Gotcha brief".
I immediately wrote them and told them they would lose and why they were in error. I received a letter back after the trial and was told that my letter prophesied the words of the judge who issued the conviction.
People argue the 16th Amendment was not properly ratified or denounce their 14th Amendment citizenship or that the income tax is only for "Federal Employees" or even that only foreign sources of income can be taxed. The list is endless.
They turn a blind eye to the fact that the 16th Amendment is not needed to convict most taxpayers and anyone using or who has used a Federal Employee Identification Number, which includes a Social Security number, is probably still obligated to pay income tax on most sources of income.
They even argue that income does not include an exchange of their natural labor disregarding the idea that either they or their parents can waive such a natural right in exchange for benefits. This has been done throughout history
Israel was in a corvee system of bondage for hundreds of years in Egypt because of such a waiver by their parents. While they worked for themselves much of the time a portion of their labor was Employed every year by the Pharaoh's government.
- "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." 3 John 1:2
Desiring that you prosper as your soul prospers means that if your soul is not prospering then I might not want you to prosper. We know the slothful should be under tribute and God allows governments to be instituted to punish the wicked. Christ did not come to set people free from their tax obligation even to the unrighteous mammon. If you owe the tax you should pay the tax.
While it may be true that the book The Covenants of the gods may help you understand why you owe the tax the purpose was to reveal our own error so that we might repent and begin to seek the Kingdom of God and his righteousness.
Repentance is when your heart no longer covets benefits at the expence of your neighbor and your soul prospers with the character of Christ, giving and forgiving in a daily sacrifice for others.
People lack knowledge of how the systems of the world work and have worked since Cain and Nimrod provided for the people and by that provision enslaved them. Pharaoh did it to bring the bondage of Egypt and enslaved the people. Caesar did it with his free bread and circuses. Plutarch told us. Polybius said it clear as well in his day but few would listen.
Clearly Jesus said to give to Caesar what is Caesar's but he also said to give to God what is God's. The social welfare of the people has always been the province of God through Freewill offerings and charity. When people look to the governments of the world to provide benefits at the expense of their neighbor by their power and authority they may call themselves Benefactors or even Fathers but they will become despots and tyrants.
They will have the power and right to oppress and even devour the people because the people have chosen to bite one another for their personal gain. These Covetous Practices to obtain "free" benefits and welfare for the people, by forcing the offerings of the people curses your children and makes you and your children subject as human resources and Merchandise.
- Where do you find the Daily ministration of the early Church, the Pure Religion of James and the Corban of Jesus?
- Are you following The Way through Love of one another or the way of the world and the Fathers of the earth?
- Do you seek the benefits of bankrupt nations, or do you forgive and seek the benefits of Christ's appointed Kingdom?
- Do you only gather for the comfort it gives you, or do you gather to benefit others?
- Christ came to serve, not be served. Do you desire to be served or are you coming in His name and according to His character to serve others?
If we do not Repent of our Covetous Practices and are not diligently gathering together in Free Assemblies of Love for all to provide for one another in Charity according to the Perfect law of liberty then we have nothing according to Paul. According to Luke 6:32 if we only love those who love us there is no "Grace". Christ also said if you do not Forgive neither will the Father forgive you.
It is not enough to hate the deeds of the workers of iniquity, but we must return to Thy first love and thy first work. To break the yoke we need to return to the ways of righteousness spoken of in Isaiah 58 which are the ways of Christ and the early Church. And His yoke is light for it is carried by our love of one another.
Abraham, Moses, John the Baptist and Christ all created Networks of charity to care for the true needy of society without force which is how they were able to help set people free. Do you gather with His Church to attend to the Weightier matters as Christ said?
- Are you gathering in a Network of righteousness?
- Do you come to love others or just be loved?
- Are your Congregations' gatherings fruitful enough so that no one has to pray to Benefactors who exercise authority one over the other?
- Does anyone in your Free Assemblies have to apply to the Fathers of the earth, or seek their many benefits?
Early Christians found themselves in conflict with these systems of social welfare because they made the word of God to none effect. Christians had repented of their covetous nature when they received the Baptism of Christ. They heard and became Doers of the word not hearers only.
We know that liberty under God is not for the covetous who are Biting one another but it is also not for the slothful. If we are not congregating together in free assemblies bound together in a broad network by faith, hope, and charity alone according to the perfect law of liberty then we are not truly seeking the Kingdom of God nor His righteousness.
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- 2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling [words] of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, [through much] wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
- 2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
- 1657 ~ἐλευθερία~ eleutheria \@el-yoo-ther-ee’-ah\@ from 1658; n f AV-liberty 11; 11
- 1) liberty to do or to omit things having no relationship to salvation
- 2) fancied liberty
- 2a) licence, the liberty to do as one pleases
- 3) true liberty is living as we should not as we please
- Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.