Stone upon a stone
The idea of a stone upon a stone had a double meaning.
There was an hierarchy within the Church, but it was not a system where men rule over one another, but it was a system of government where the "greatest among you" was great because he "doth serve".
And if the Lively stones were people, did Stoning originally mean a practice that did not include hitting people with rocks until they were physically dead?
Finding the answers to these questions may make it clear who Christ appointed and why and what they were to do and how they were to do it. The Minsters appointed by Christ were to be benefactors of the people, but they were to do so without exercising authority, forcing contributions or ruling over the people.
Tithetext | Treasury | stones upon | Early Church tithe |
Wages of unrighteousness | Seeds of righteousness |
Tithing | Tens | Tithingman | Taxation | Tribute |
Pay tribute | Social Security | Corban | Home church |
Altars | Stones | Clay and Stone | Stones upon |
White stones | Lively Stones of a Living Altar |
Church legally defined | Breeches | Red Heifer |
Corban | Tithing In Conscience | Self-Sacrifice |
Public religion | Stoning | Sophistry |
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
Why Minister |
Minister of the world |
Minister of the Church |
Elders | Deacon | Priests | Levites | Breeches | Hierarchy |
Altars | Stones | Stoning Daily ministration | Corban | Welfare |
Essenes | Disciples | Seven men | Church | Church legally defined | Christian |
Churches | Ministry Burnout | Religion | The Blessed Strategy | Widow |
Tens | Tithing | CORE | COM | Minister of Record | Benefactors |
Cain | Nimrod | Constantine | Christian conflict | Fathers |
Lady Godiva | Isaac Backus | Government and Liberty Described |
Monks | Lost_Monks | Married_Monks | Monasticism | Modern_Monastic_life |
Seek | Votive | Orders | Religious Orders | Rules of St Benedict |
Jesus | Was Jesus rich | Mendicant | Vow of poverty | Fervent Charity |
Denominations | Guru_theories | Iconoclast | Cult | Bible Index | First to do List |
- Matthew 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
- Mark 13:2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
- Luke 19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
- Luke 21:6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
- Luke 22:26 But ye [shall] not [be] so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. 27 For whether [is] greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? [is] not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.
- Exodus 20:25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.