Congregations of Record
His Church at Summer Lake, in Oregon
- Proposal for 2011 Potatoes, red and white, wheat, winter squash.
These plantings were in large enough numbers to guarantee genetic viability.
- Seed potatoes will be shared locally, both red and white.
- We have produced thousands of Sweat Meat Squash seeds and are processing many of them now and distributing some of the squash locally to those who will also save seeds and have needs.
- We have also produced thousands of white onion seeds and Asparagus seeds
- Proposal for 2012 will include Carrots, cabbage... starts for the following year. Many seeds take two years to produce and there are many things you can do wrong. You should have adequate numbers to keep seeds healthy and avoid cross pollination with other varieties.
We hope to develop the fertility of the soil on His Church at Summer Lake property to produce large volumes of a variety of heritage seeds.
His Church, in Texas
The Simmons Family/North Texas Congregation will make every effort to save seeds from the following heirloom starts:
- Bull's Blood Beet
- Early Wonder Beet
- Danver's 126 Half Long Carrot
- Blue Lake 274 Bush Bean
- Black Beauty Zucchini
- Grey Zucchini
- Early Golden Summer Crookneck Squash
- Table Gold Acorn Squash (may have to replant in fall to get seeds)
- Jackson Wonder Bush Lima Bean
- Golden Bantam Sweet Corn
- Stowell's Evergreen Sweet Corn - white kernel
- Corn True Gold (harvested some last year and they are growing beautifully this year:>)
We will also be harvesting seeds from the following heirloom tomato plants:
- Arkansas Traveler
- German Green
- Cherokee Purple
- Orange Banana
- Egg Yolk
- Great White
And the following peppers:
- Sweet Yellow Stuffing Peppers
- Thai Denchai 198
- And Tomatillo plants.
We are also growing some sugar beets - but will have to check to see how to harvest seeds.
We will try to save seeds from these types of plants - no guarantees:>)
COR links 
Join HHC Seed Share Project
[Seeds of Life]] |
Seed shares |
Milk | GMO | Food production | Food Rising | Food for thought |
Food Stamps | Food Toxins | Ingredients | Health Share |
Fermentation | Healthy Gut | Rave Diet | Politics of Health