More recently historian and Congressman Ron Paul said “Our country’s founders cherished liberty, not democracy.” I did find that Karl Marx, who was an advocate of communism, claimed “Democracy is the road to socialism.” and in the The Spirit of American Government, Professor J. Allen Smith wrote “It is difficult to understand, how any one who has read the proceedings of the Federal Convention can believe that it was the intention of that body to establish a democratic government.”
One of the major problems in America today is people do not know what direction they are going. Some times hey think they are headed toward liberty when they are really on the road to depatism. Just a short
A SUMMARY OF THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO
1. Abolition of private property. [Legal title does not include the beneficial use of the property.]
2. Heavy progressive income tax. [An employee has only a legal title to his labor.]
3. Abolition to all rights of inheritance. [Inheritance tax on property with a legal title.]
4. Confiscation of property of all emigrants and rebels. [Forfeiture laws.]
5. A Central bank [Federal Reserve. The Bankers Bank.]
6. Government control of Communications and Transportation. [F.C.C., F.A.A. etc..]
7. Government ownership of factories and agriculture. [Corporations are entities of the State, forfeiture laws, executive orders and mere legal title.]
8. Government control of labor. [Social Security, income tax and incorporation.]
9. Corporate farms, regional planning. [Land planning, biospheres, endangered species, etc..]
10. Free education for all children in government controlled schools. [Public schools, 501c3 corporate private schools, controlled by federal regulations.]
This is why T. Coleman Andrews, Commissioner of IRS said in the May 25, 1956 in U.S. News & World Report article “Maybe we ought to see that every person who gets a tax return receives a copy of the Communist Manifesto with it so he can see what’s happening to him”.
Peop in America have been taught many things over the last 100 years and since 1910 most of that has come through public schools which are a socialist system of education.
Public education is welfare. It is part of a system of Corban that provides benefits by force not by charity.
James Madison may have thought "Whenever a youth is ascertained to possess talents meriting an education which his parents cannot afford, he should be carried forward at the public expense." But the idea of everyone getting free education at the public expense does not fall under that description.
James Madison also said that "Charity is no part of the legislative duty of government."