Gospel of God
What was the Gospel of God?
We see the phrase in:
- "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God," (Romans 1:1)
- "That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost." (Romans 15:16)
- "Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?" (2 Corinthians 11:7)
- "But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention." (1 Thessalonians 2:2)
- "So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us." (1 Thessalonians 2:8)
- "For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God." (1 Thessalonians 2:9)
- "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)
The gospel is the good news.
What is the truth of the gospel that will set men free...?
Jesus said to pay what you owe Caesar and we say the same and we say pay to God what is owed God and Jesus says the same thing. God says to make no covenants which includes contracts with the gods of the inhabitants, swear no oaths or anything more than yes for yes.
But some say that is okay to take oaths, make contracts, and drone on & on with one ad hominem after another, producing few facts. Was Paul under the authority of Caesar? Was Peter? Was Christ? Yes, Paul appealed to Caesar after he won his case before Agrippa and Festus. Why was he brought before a king at all? Paul was represent the Church established by Christ, the government of God claiming a pre-history as a government, not of Rome, just like Jesus.
And of course the King of the Jews was a separate government, Pilate agreed, Agrippa agreed, others like Hadrian agreed & said leave the Christians alone. Why because they were a separate government, in the world, but not of it. They sought no benefits from Caesar as their benefactor and provided all their social welfare by free will offerings. Many come along with their droning words and cult speeches but as usual we bring the actual worlds of the Bible that they do not want to hear.
"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." (1 Corinthians 6:12)
So what is he saying? Or what does Peter mean when he says:
"Then Peter and the [other] apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)
"Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, [one] Jesus." (Acts 17:7)
They did not disobey Caesar, but they did do contrary to Caesar because they had a king and a government that took care of their needs. Plutarch, Polybius, Proverbs, King David and Paul warned us that what they offer you for your welfare will be a snare and a trap, All the systems of welfare of the world operating by force are contrary to the gospel and decrees of God. They are based on covetousness and Peter tells you it will make you merchandise and a cause you to curse your children with debt. This has already happened, and you cannot change that, so you have to pay the tax because you said you would, but it is clear Jesus did not. When Peter said he did Jesus took him aside and told him his error. He made Peter pay because he said he paid but Jesus did not pay because he owed the tax. He would not even touch the coin. Why? Because he did not owe the tax. He was king of another government. The problem is modern Christians have need of repentance. They need to start providing for one another out of love for that was the gospel of God instead of asking men who call themselves benefactors to exercise authority and take from their neighbor... People should know God's decrees do not allow people to covet their neighbor's goods through the power of men who exercise authority, and many others need to see and understand that these systems of welfare destroy society. This includes public schools, paid for at your neighbors expense. It is the duty of the Church, and true Christians, to provide those benefits of society by charity alone...
"For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)