Syntax is simple.
Put that line your edited screen where you want the picture to appear.
Save your edited page and it will appear in red as File:NAME.jpg . If you click on the link you will be able to select a file on your computer and upload it to the wiki.
Once you have the picture on your computer loaded as Temple-Saturn.jpg into the wiki you can do a number of things to change its appearance.
The options are right, left, center, none, sizepx, thumbnail (thumb), frame, and alternate (caption) text.
The options can be combined, and vertical bars ("|") are used to separate options from each other.
Move the picture to left, right or center by adding the command |center
Change the size of the picture by adding |50px
Pictures are links to themselves but you can add a link to another page with the |link= command.
Add a word that would appear if pictures do not load with alternate command |alt=Temple.
You can create a thumbnail with a caption by adding the commands |thumb|Temple of Saturn
[[File:Temple-Saturn.jpg|right|link=http://www.preparingyou.com/wiki/Temples|alt=Temple|250px|thumb|Temple of Saturn]]
- Do not put spaces around the vertical bars for readability – options will not be interpreted correctly.
- The options can be put in any order.
- An unknown option is taken as the caption text, but this will appear only if thumbnail or frame are specified.
- If there are two or more unknown options, the last one upstages the rest:
[[Image:Temple-Saturn.jpg|right|thumb|link=http://www.preparingyou.com/wiki/Temples|alt=Temple|250px|Temple of Saturn]]
You can use File instead of image
Open Source Images
- Royalty-free image sources
- 20,000 hi-rez maps from NY State Library
- 1 million images from The British Library
- 15,000 Golden Age Comics
- 14,000 images from French Revolution
- The Commons on Flickr
- Wikimedia Commons
- 400K hi-rez images from NYC's Metropolitan Museum of Art
< G26-F31-S29 >
|right|thumb|150px|Image:NAME|thumb|link=The Living Network|
|pic1||pic 2||pic 3|
|(Picture for The Adventures of Artifice in Languageland)
[[File:Oath of the Horatii.jpg|]]
[[File:Gregory Williams com hdr.jpg|]]
|Extreme Unschooling)||Extreme Unschooling)|
20:04, 7 March 2013 (file) 167 KB Admin (Source: StepIntoMyGreenWorld.com) 1
(Source: StepIntoMyGreenWorld.com) 1
(Source: RawForBeauty.com) 1
(Source: HippieInConservativeClothing) 1
Growing Organic Eating Organic) 1
(file) 87 KB Admin (Source: [Educated Before You Vaccinate http://educatebeforeyouvaccinate.com/]) 1
(Source: DrMomma.org) 1
(Found at ) 1
Log in as an editor and view all files at http://www.preparingyou.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:NewFiles&offset=&limit=500