The Ugly Capitalist
I am amazed at the number of people that have actually swallowed the idea that there is something wrong with capitalism. I was helping out someone in their home one evening when they started bad-mouthing capitalism as if it was the cause of the present economic problems.
I know this store keeper to be a hard working individual who has struggled all his life to own his home and business and who refuses to even accept EBT welfare cards for purchases because he is disgusted with the sloth and avarice of people today.
While not stopping the work I was doing I quizzed this college educated individual on what he thought capitalism was. He really did not understand the meaning of the words he was using. He was following an absolutely nescient position based on the ignorant dialogue coming out of the modern media.
There are so many people that I come across these days who repeat things they have heard without thinking nor understanding what they are saying. One individual wrote, "Capitalism by itself is Fascism."
Anyone who thinks that clearly does not know the definition of those two words and are often to lazy or prideful to look them up. And when they are shown the truth they entrench in their confusion, denying the truth.
The definition of capitalism is "an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth."
While the definition of fascism is "a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism."
How are these two isms even compatible? Yet, some people go on with this ignorant dialogue saying "Capitalism mixed with Socialism works well." This would be funny if it did not bear such tragic consequences in a democracy of simple-minded slothful self serving citizen voters.
The definition of fascism according to the World English Dictionary is “any ideology or movement inspired by Italian Fascism, such as German National Socialism...”
So it should be clear if there is no emotional bigotry or ideological chauvinism that the truth is fascism and socialism may mix but capitalism and socialism are opposing views. Even democracy mixes well with socialism but capitalism cannot be said to mix well with democracy if Karl Marx was right when he claimed “Democracy is the road to socialism.”
We see democracy infringing on private ownership today at almost every turn not because capitalism is a failure but because we have failed to be capitalists. Capitalism cannot be the problem for several reasons. There has not been true capitalism in America since 1933, if not 1913 with the creation of the Federal Reserve and fractional reserve banking which has produced a nation of debt-ism not capitalism. “Of course debtism leads to despotism which is not the result of capitalism but rather Capitolism...”
We have became socialists a long time ago and that is why we are failing.
The same individual who has not bothered with the definition of words has also not bothered with learning history so they went on to say "Can you imagine what America would look like without Socialism? People wouldn't be trying to come to America. They would be trying to get out of America. The wall on the Mexican border would be to keep people from leaving America."
Statements like this show an absolute ignorance of words and history which is the result no doubt of public school education, which is itself a socialist program that has been around for over 150 years. In early America millions of people took and accepted the risk and hardships of coming to America when there was virtually no socialism in the country.
Why was there no socialism? Because when they tried socialism at New Plymouth and Jamestown they literally starved to death. John Smith of Jamestown countered the “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need” philosophy by proclaiming with confidence and determination the Biblical principle from 2 Thessalonians 3:10, "He who will not work will not eat."
The privatization of land, rent free, and an establishment of a free market, resulted in an immediate change in the supply of food so that by 1614, Ralph Hamor, Colony Secretary, was able to write that there was "plenty of food, which every man by his own industry may easily and doth procure that the poorest there, and most in want, hath not been so much pinched with hunger this four years In New Plymouth socialism was completely abolished by Bradford.
“As soon as the settlers were thrown upon their own resources, and each freeman had acquired the right of owning property, the colonists quickly developed what became the distinguishing characteristic of Americans – an aptitude for all kinds of craftsmanship coupled with an innate genius for experimentation and invention.”
This is capitalism and it is the move away from those principles over the last century that is bringing down America and the world. This did not begin with the tyranny of government but with the sloth of the people who are too lazy to look up the definition of words or too proud to admit they are wrong in the first place.
Our error did not begin with the advocation of a bad candidate or political party but with our abdication of responsibility, righteousness and love for neighbor. It did not begin with immoral government but an immoral people that need to take stock of what they have been doing instead of continually doing the same thing expecting different results.
When we began to desire benefits at our neighbor's expense from public healthcare to public schools; when our churches began to say it was okay to covet what is your neighbors as long as we do it through the agency of government; when we began to pray for benefits from men who exercise authority one over the other instead of living by faith, hope, and charity our fate was sealed and our destiny was etched in our own stony hearts. No economic system exists in which investment in and ownership of the means of production can be taken away from a private individual if he does not pay for your desires and finance your benefits. If the distribution of your wealth for the support of supporting the needy of society is not left in the hands of private individuals of society there is no capitalism and you have already started down the road to socialism, despotism and destruction.
The present road we travel as a nation will bring us back to the starvation and deprivation, to the misery and mayhem of the people of Jamestown and New Plymouth. To walk in the ways of the socialism of this new world order will bring with it a universal want and suffering on an unprecedented scale.
There are solutions which the diligent must pursue and seek if they are going to be free. They must learn to govern themselves and provide a welfare for one another through charity not force. In other words they must stop coveting the things that are their neighbor's by asking the men who exercise authority for benefits. This was the message of Christ and the mission of the Church. Early Christians provided all the social welfare for one another in pure religion despite the free bread and circuses offered by the fathers of the Roman government through its unchristian qorban.
- “The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute.” Proverbs 12:24
It is time to repent, taking back our responsibilities to home and hearth, to neighbor and neighborhood, in the name of right and righteousness.
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- Democracy, From the book The Higher Liberty, Sec. 14http://www.hisholychurch.org/media/books/THL/democracy.php
- Understanding “American labor, which is the capital of our workingmen.” Grover Cleveland Annual Message Dec., 1885. we should take a look at our own part in the covetous events of 1933. See Employ vs Enslave, http://www.hisholychurch.org/study/gods/cog4eve.php Audio http://keysofthekingdom.info/COG-04.mp3 SS Video Series 7-10 7:28 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuz-hFKM_Ts
- Chapter 11. of the book The Covenants of the gods, Money vs Mammon http://www.hisholychurch.org/study/gods/cog11movma.php Mammon, NN Video Series:3-10 4:22 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG5sp5bCpSc
- “Debtism is the formal name given to debt-driven capitalism, also known as false capitalism--a system in operation since 1933 until 2010.” http://one-spirit-tribe.org/covenant/one_spirit_1160.htm
- Proverbs 22:26 Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts.
- "Capitolism is an ironic reference to an economy in which market forces are subsumed to political interests in Washington. The term is derived from Karl Marx's term for a private enterprise-based economy, Capitalism, and the name of the building in which the U.S. Congress meets, the Capitol." http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Capitolism
- Occupying the Chessboard of the Dialectic http://www.hisholychurch.org/news/articles/dialectic.php
- From Larry Schweikart and Michael Allen. A Patriot's History of the United States (New York: Penguin Group, 2004), 17.
- The Jamestown adventure: accounts of the Virginia colony, 1605-1614 edited by Ed Southern p. 199
- Virginia, the Old Dominion, Volume 1, by Matthew Page Andrews, Dietz Press, 1949, p61
- Luke 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; see also Matthew 20:25, Mark 10:42. and all the places it says to to covet but to love.
- Pure Religion, What is it and who does it? http://www.hisholychurch.org/news/articles/religion.php
- Call no man Father, What was Christ trying to tell us about fathers on the earth? http://www.hisholychurch.org/sermon/fatherabba.php
- Rome vs US, Does history repeat itself because man does not repent? http://www.hisholychurch.org/news/articles/romeus.php
- Join us in your area http://www.hisholychurch.org/network/index.php
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/