Revision as of 11:30, 13 November 2015 by Wiki1 (Created page with "* As with ministers like Stephen, we also see the Didache stating: “Therefore, elect for yourselves bishops and deacons worthy of the Lord, men who are meek and not lovers ...")
- As with ministers like Stephen, we also see the Didache stating: “Therefore, elect for yourselves bishops and deacons worthy of the Lord, men who are meek and not lovers of money, true and approved, for they also perform for you the ministry of the prophets and teachers.” 15:1
- Deacon: The word deacon means leader of ten. Leadership in the Church is by service. In the Greek the word diakonos means servant or Ministers. Minister is the Latin word for doer of little deeds. Minister is a generic term that includes all who serve others, whether deacon, bishop, archbishop or other.
- Elder. An Elder is often older and more experienced, usually holding a position of respect, a father and husband by experience, the head of a family by status. An elder is chosen by each family group by decision or status. It is from the elders that the Ministers of the congregation are usually chosen for appointment by the Church.
- Minister. A minister is any servant of the Church whether temporary or ordained. Ministers may include Personal Contact Ministers, Ministers of Congregations of record (Licensed Ministers), trustees, members of Commissions (Missionaries or Commissioned Ministers), Deacons, ministers acting ex officio, Ordained ministers, and Novices, etc. Or in a less official and more independent capacity any lay person including presbyters, acolytes or congregants offering assistance or aid.
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- The Didache is mentioned by Eusebius (c. 324) as the Teachings of the Apostles following the books recognized as canonical (Historia Ecclesiastica III, 25): ...