The book of "Micah the Morashtite" was passed down by a prophet in Judaism who is the author. He is considered one of the Twelve Minor Prophets of the Hebrew Bible and was a contemporary of the prophets Isaiah, Amos and Hosea in southwest Judah during the reigns of kings Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah of Judah.
Micah's messages were directed chiefly toward Jerusalem and its future destruction along with Samaria but also the restoration of the Judean state.
He rebuked the people for their dishonesty and idolatry.
- "Micah the Morasthite prophesied in the days of Hezekiah king of Judah, and spake to all the people of Judah, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Zion ["parched place" title, monument] shall be plowed [like] a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of a forest." Jeremiah 26:18
- 1. Concerning the watchmen and the double peace of God
- 2. Hear, all ye people
- 3. God will tread the high places
- 4. Mountains will melt
- 5. transgression of Jacob
- 6. The watchmen and the stone, the foundation will go down
- 7. Graven images, idols, harlots will be desolate
- 8. will wail and howl,... stripped and naked:
- 9. wound [is] incurable;
- 10.Make known the "winepress"],the "house of dust"
- 11. Beauty is gone, layed naked, with no leader of the flock]
- 12. The inhabitant of bitterness waits for good: but evil comes
- 13. The invincible is overrun with chariot for transgressions of Israel
- 14. Therefore shall be seize by deceit
- 15. There will be an heir to the crest of a hill with justice and glory of Israel.
- 16. Shear thy head for thy delicate children are captive.
- 1. Woe to them that devise iniquity,
- 2. They covet fields, and take [them] by violence;and oppress a man and his house, and his heritage.
- 3. Against this family which an evil that shall not remove your necks.
- 4. a parable of lamentation against you and changed the portion
- 5. Therefore thou shalt have none that shall cast a cord by lot in the congregation of the LORD.
- 6. No one shall prophesy to them and shame.
- 7. my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?
- 8. my people is risen up as an enemy
- 9. The women are cast out from their pleasant houses; their children have ye taken.
- 10. depart this [is] not [your] rest but is polluted, it shall destroy [you].
- 11. walking in the spirit and falsehood is a lie.
- 12. I will gather the remnant of Israel as the sheep of Bozrah.
- 13. They have passed through the gate.
Early non Bible authors
Athenagoras of Athens | Methodius of Olympus | The Gospel of Thomas |
Hippolytus of Rome | Justin the Martyr | Jerome | Augustine of Hippo |
Epistle of Mathetes |
Philo Judaeus or Philo of Alexandria and The Allegories of the Sacred Laws
People in the Bible
Paul the Apostle | Melchizedek | Moses | Cain | Caesar | Herod | Jesus |
John the Baptist | Nimrod | Abraham | Essenes |
Buddha | Celsus | Constantine | Eusebius | Marcus Tullius Cicero | Augustine of Canterbury |
Ambrose | Lady Godiva | Plutarch | Polybius | Seneca | Tacitus | Vespian | Manichaeism | John Wycliffe |
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links