The Occupy Refuge Movement
As of January 8th, 2018 Judge Gloria M. Navarro dismissed the case "with prejudice", meaning prosecutors can't seek a new trial. The charges stem from the 2014 standoff with federal agents but appears to be a grab for water rights and control of resources. The Judge threw out criminal charges and stated "The government's conduct in this case was indeed outrageous," ... "There has been flagrant misconduct, substantial prejudice and no lesser remedy is sufficient." Attorney General Jeff Sessions also sent an evidence discovery expert to the federal prosecutors' office in Las Vegas to review the case. The would find the same type of "flagrant misconduct, substantial prejudice" if they investigate the Hammond case. The Hammondes should be able to go home now now.
"The government's conduct in this case was indeed outrageous," said U.S. District . "There has been flagrant misconduct, substantial prejudice and no lesser remedy is sufficient."
Ammon Bundy, 6 others acquitted in Oregon standoff trial... what was it all about?
Why are they not being released even after they were found innocent?
Why was their attorney attacked?
Ammon's attorney said it is symbolic of the over escalation of force by the federal government ... "I wish they would have understood that from the verdict..."
Why did the Jury find the occupiers of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge not guilty of federal charges?
Could it be because they were "not guilty".
Why did people think they were?
Could it have been government provocateurs and a bias media?
But things are certainly not over.
These men were innocent of the charges but others who are charged with upholding the law are guilty.
Can justice rise up without the people standing up for righteousness?
Marcus Mumford, Ammon Bundy's attorney, describes being tased in courtroom
Why did the FBI attack and tase their attorney even after the judge told them to stand back?
Why were they not out on bail to begin with since there is no flight risk and they have never been violent and the evidence is clear that they have always presented a peaceful protest stance?
Has the media and federal case been manufactured against them?
What are the real issues?
Is this just incompetence of the government and the media?
How far does the corruption go?
Have you been prejudiced by the media and government provocateurs hired by government agencies.
Find out what the truth concerning this case really is?
- See Michele Fiore covers 'Altering evidence video on right
Defendants in the case of United States vs Cliven Bundy et al .. are accusing the BLM [Bureau of Land Management] and the FBI of altering dashboard and body-cam video in an attempt to cover-up their aggressiveness during the 2014 protest that led to the arrest of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and 18 others.
Defendants are also accusing the FBI “infiltration team” who posed as a documentary film crew called Long Bow, of editing video at crucial moments to make defendants who gave interviews look guilty of crimes they did not commit.
On at least 5 different occasions the defendants in the case say that video used to gain their indictments and create the Governments narrative that has kept them all in jail pending trial, was clearly altered at crucial moments to hide what they believe would expose the BLM as the aggressors and not the “victims” as Prosecutor Steven Mhyre contends.
We have found at least 5 different clear cases of evidence tampering and have only viewed 1/4 of the discovery that was recently released to us by the Prosecutors office say defendants, who have begun the process of creating a power point demonstration that will be viewed by defense attorney’s on October 7, 2016. Published on Oct 3, 2016
Todd Macfarland on rancher rights and court prejudice, bias trial abuses video on right
Bundy Trial Breakdown #Oregonstandoff with Todd Macfarland A.K.A. Range Fire Part 1 of 2
Todd Macfarland an attorney, rancher and Range Fire activist with a objective coverage of the #oregonstandoff patriots. "He has a unique perspective because he is a rancher and an attorney. He was able to give what I believe is a full and fair account of what he has witnessed at the trial as an observer, as a rancher, and, as an attorney that has been involved in these types of cases. I wanted to do all I could to help him spread the message and asked if he would join me in a chat. This is the first part of a two part video. Unfortunately, at some point in the video my microphone stopped recording so I had to go back and add my questions in but he's the guy delivering the message so I'm glad that stayed intact." https://www.offgridnation.com
Please do all that you can to spread this message and share it to your social media networks. All Americans have a real stake in the outcome of this trial whether we know it or not. Also, please check out the links below for more information on the Bundy trial and the Oregon Standoff.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIQ7...
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RANGEFIRE/
- Twitter: Todd Macfarlane @sagebrushscotsm
Bundy Trial Breakdown #Oregonstandoff with Todd Macfarland A.K.A. Range Fire Part 2 of 2 Todd Macfarland an attorney, rancher and Range Fire activist shows how this was not only an attempt to have a Secret trial that became a 6 ring circus.
There was a lack of real evidence that any of these men were guilty. And even a Bundy Trial Breakdown...
Need for unanimous not guilty verdict which they were able to get.
Government admits that there were 15 informants of the FBI.
It appears to be including several provocateurs that were sent into manufacture evidence.
What really went on and is still going on behind the scenes?
See also John Lamb on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/john.lamb.16121
Report on the trial by a witness that make a good report. https://youtu.be/gev8jeo6ngI
- 1 Depth of corruption
- 2 Straight talk
- 3 What the government says
- 4 Historical perspective
- 5 The Harney County Refuge Occupy Movement
- 6 Three Percenters Talk
- 7 Tim Titus visits Occupy Movement
- 8 Long Chain of Abuse
- 9 The public should be fearful
- 10 Real terrorists and arson
- 11 A Little History
- 12 Who owns the land
- 13 Is this okay?
- 14 Footnotes
- 15 About the author
Depth of corruption
Wikileaks - Hammond, Bundy, Malheur Minerals Sold by Clinton Foundation to foreign mining corporation and Hedge Funds
This is a video of several excerpts of a whistle blower presentation given today on the steps of City Hall in Portland, OR. Laz, AKA Lazaro Ecenarro, and Shawna Cox presented documents laying out the ties of corruption between the Hammond, Bundy and Malheur lands and all levels of State and Federal agencies and agents. Check out the documents here https://www.facebook.com/jlecenarro/m... The entire presentation is an hour long, so here's a few of the hot points. THIS is why they have come down so hard on the Hammonds and the Bundys and the other brave Americans standing and being persecuted for the rights of all of us.
New Wikileaks emails expand on the connections to the Clintons, Uranium 1 and Russia and China. Judge Anna Brown is shown to have relationships with investments that profit from the transactions related to the land grabs and sell offs in Oregon and the Western states.
Court resumes tomorrow with big things expected to happen. Stay tuned.
Here's the full video on John Lamb's site https://www.facebook.com/john.lamb.16121
Understanding the moral issues?
The militia has not taken over the 187,000 acre Malheur Wildlife Refuge.
There is a lot of irresponsible media out there saying foolish things to get people to read their ads. There are no ads here.
Some guys claiming to be militia are there occupying some tiny part of a huge federal wildlife refuge in Oregon and they may be going in some empty buildings for shelter.
No one should be calling them "anti-government". They are protesters who are complaining about what they see as Federal government abuse by some people who work at the BLM. And anyone who reads the Hammond's story can hardly say otherwise. They are also concerned about corruption in the courts. My father was an accomplished attorney in several states, wrote law books and he consistently told us about high up corruption in the courts.
These guys are pro-government. They are not pro-government-abuse or usurpation of rights. They may or may not be right but they are protesting to get media attention.
No one should call them "outsiders" unless they are from Syria or some other country since this is a federal issue which they are protesting.
What the government says
Neither should anyone call them "militant" since that means "combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause, and typically favoring extreme, violent, or confrontational methods." There is no evidence that they are combative or aggressive. They are peaceful and defensive but not without reason. They know their lives are at risk but they have seen lives destroyed and the rights of other people abused by government agencies who often do not follow the law.
These people are not anti-government and media people who use such terms are criminally inciting a negative public opinion unfairly and unjustly that could get someone killed. Please see the Here is what the "government says" video linked on this page to learn about the Constitutional motivation and heart-felt concerns of the good people who have occupied public buildings in protest of the abuses by government to bring attention to the people of all America as to the injustices that have destroyed families and their livelihood.
This is not just a Harney County issue but a nation-wide Federal issue of abuse of power by vast government agencies that often go unchecked by the press. Americans would not be hearing the speech by Greg Walden who represents the government if the Bundys of this world did not risk their lives to bring it to your attention. And 24 minutes does not do the problem justice.
Here is what the government said as late as 1972:
- “Those who already walk submissively say there is no need for alarm. But submissiveness is not our heritage. The First Amendment was designed to allow rebellion against usurpation to remain as our birthright. The Constitution was designed to keep government off the backs of the people.... The aim was to allow men to be free and independent and to assert their rights against government… The America once extolled as the voice of liberty heard around the world no longer is cast in the image which Jefferson and Madison designed, but more in the Russian image…” 
The people need to do their homework and start caring about the lives of people and the press needs to rise up and meet the challenge of a noble institution and report the facts rather than seek ratings at the price of truth.
The same justice of the Supreme court quoted above had already written his own warning and concerns that, “We must realize that today’s Establishment is the new George III. Whether it will continue to adhere to his tactics, we do not know. If it does, the redress, honored in tradition, is also revolution… the truth is that the vast bureaucracy now runs this country, irrespective of what party is in power.” 
Other Oregonians report the same abuse and every American, if they love their neighbor, should hear their cries or no one will hear their own when injustice knocks at their door.
- Statement by Oregon Farm Bureau President Barry Bushue on sentencing of Steve and Dwight Hammond to five years in federal prison
The sheriff David Ward, who I have personally known for years, can walk right up to the protesters, who have a right to carry in Oregon, and talk to them and even pray with them just like he did with the Hammond family. Tim Titus did [see below].
But he was quoted as saying, "You said you were here to help the citizens of Harney County... That help ended when that protest became an armed occupation."
Unless Harney County is not in America the protesters are not outsiders and can be there in Harney County. There is a long history of protest by occupation in America. Occupying government areas is a common form of protest used for years to get media attention. There is no threatening of people, no hostages, no injuries or damage being done.
Just to give you some historical perspective I personally remember back in 1970 when leaders of the Student Afro-American Society (SAAS), took over a Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) headquarters at Columbia University. The occupation lasted five days and I remember claims that they were armed and demanded that the former ROTC office be renamed the “Malcolm X Lounge.” (There should be some footage of this somewhere.)
I also remember that there was a Dean's office that was occupied until demands were met. Evidently that was the Dean of Freshman, Henry Coleman. What I did not know was that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder evidently participated in the militant take over of the ROTC headquarters. I pray that the same caution and consideration exercised by law enforcement back then is exercised by the law enforcement under men like U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder.
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) said "Our prayers right now are with everyone involved in what’s happening with Oregon, and especially those in law enforcement that are risking their lives,"
Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) said “You can’t be lawless,"... "We live in a republic. There are ways to change the laws of this country and the policies. If we get frustrated with it, that’s why we have elections. That’s why we have people we can hold accountable.”
That is also why protesting is a common and accepted form of petitioning government including peaceably occupying public buildings and areas.
Is the government cheating people?
Is the government taking land from the people?
Are these bureaucracies stealing land and abusing the rights of the people using an unchecked and abusive approach to eat out the substance of the people?
Have the people become prey to a system that has become a beast?
The Harney County Refuge Occupy Movement
Irresponsible journalists like Zoe Carpenter are demonizing these people with phrases like, "lead an armed insurrection". After reading Zoe's biased yellow journalism Arthur Klein commented, "I am really worked up over this. Especially that armed groups can freely threaten their way past Law Enforcement and virtually become a parallel government and disturb the lives of residents and the community."
No one 'threatened their way past Law Enforcement'. The building which they are occupying in protest was an unlocked public building. And as to disturbing the lives of residents and the community, that is mostly being done by the panic cause by bad journalism. The protesters are not trying to be a "parallel government" but to point out what they think are government violations which have been destroying the "lives of residents and the community".
And the same atheistic, anti-religious news media makes statements like, "made up of gruff militiamen and amiable ranchers from out of town with pocket Constitutions and “the God thread running hard through them,” as one put it."
They appeal to wildlife enthusiasts by saying, "Malheur National Wildlife Refuge is home to more than 320 species of birds". The truth is by government statistics there are less birds coming to the area since the government took over management and most of the bird populations are increasing on the rancher's land.
Three Percenters Talk
Members of Idaho’s Three Percent group and the Pacific Patriot Network peacefully and cordially met with the FBI and spoke in a friendly exchange and give the FBI a copy of a document so that dialogue will be created so that a solution can be found.
People are concerned about the judicial misconduct, abusive heavy handed actions of government agencies we keep hearing about from the people and congressmen, law enforcement and even some press people.
Remember the Malhuer Refuge is there because the Ranchers protected it before 1908. We will be adding more comments as time permits. Ranchers do not want to farm the Malhuer Refuge. They want the land and property rights taken and being taken from families by these abusive tactics to be returned.
Remember Idaho is facing these same tactics with the proposed giant Federal monument proposal that threatens over 400 ranchers.
Tim Titus visits Occupy Movement
The following was sent to me by contacts in the Burns community.
Tim Titus is a local business man, pastor and member of Harney County community who drove in and visited the occupiers.
I think it can give you a better inside picture of things there which is not some militant armed takeover even though it appears Tim labeled his testimony "Bundy Refuge Takeover." These are good people who have personal convictions and want to bring attention to what they see as injustice. And they are willing to commit civil disobedience to do it.
This is similar to sit-ins, occupy movements and the Boston Tea Party except no tea was damaged at the Refuge. The media has a great deal of power to influence the minds of the people. I encourage you to do everything you can to spread the understanding that these men are not what the media is suggesting they are.
Note that these are not armed people behind barricades because, as you see, Ammon Bundy is driving all around and then coming back to an unlocked public building. I am not supporting their position because the real answer is in doing the will of the Father. But they are trying to attend to Christ's Weightier matters. They are just not sure how to best do that.
- Bundy Refuge Takeover.
- As a local businessman, pastor and member of our community, I was invited to join a group of men and women to go into the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters to meet with the people involved in the refuge standoff. As we approached refuge headquarters, we drove past the media vans with their huge satellite dishes on top some with camera lights still shining on people being interviewed. We were allowed past the vehicles blocking the lanes winding down the hill to the small cluster of buildings that make up the refuge headquarters.
- Inside the old stone building in a small office area, we introduced ourselves to Ryan Bundy, Shawna Cox and one big, tattooed dude known as "Buddha" who I was later told is a bodyguard for one or both of the Bundy's. We weren't searched or even patted down. (I thought it best to leave my firearms at home but at least one of our group was packing.) We explained that rather than listening to the rumors and succumbing to the fears running wild in our community, we wanted to hear from them personally as to what was going on and what they wanted to achieve.
- They thanked us for coming, Shawna proudly announced they had come up with a name and mission statement for their group. People for Constitutional Freedom, I believe is the handle they've tied to this operation. (To think that no one had formed that into words prior to the occupation surprised me. This really does seem like a fluid, fly-by-the-seat-of your pants operation.)
- So, after some general talk about the day's events, Ryan Bundy began a short course on the United States Constitution and the forefather's limitations on the federal government particularly as it pertains to landownership. He explained that the role of federal government is, with the exception of the 100 square miles making up Washington D.C., only to dispose of property and land not to possess it. The discourse seemed sound with some of their own interpretation of who exactly should own the land thrown in whether that be state, county or private ownership.
- Bundy also told from their perspective the story of the struggles they went through with the federal government on the family ranch in Nevada. He laid out the events and decisions they made that led them to the 2014 standoff that also made national news. Cox shared about an event in Utah where she saw the federal government allegedly abuse their power to remove a widow's cattle from an area the government wanted to designate a National Monument. Albeit all from their perspective, you began to see the motivations behind the group.
- Individuals of the occupying group came and went from the tiny room during our stay of slightly over an hour. They ranged in dress from the latest, pseudo-military camouflage jacket to a sport coat. No one seemed particularly on edge or overly nervous. The guy in the camo jacket did stay at the door behind our group for a time before entering into the office and even into the conversation from time to time.
- Ammon Bundy, evidently finished with the media blitz and whatever else a revolutionary leader does with his days, came in, shook the hands of several of our group and listened attentively to some suggestions as to how they might overcome some of the negative reactions within our community and possibly get their message out in a more succinct way. He made some notes on a sheet of plain paper lifted from a nearby table.
- The biggest piece of advice I added to the discussion, more for our communities' benefit than theirs, was suggesting they actively address the rumors physical threats encircling our county. (The fact that our public schools had closed for the week seemed to genuinely surprise them.) There are many rumors of individuals, their families or government property being threatened with attack but with no substantiation. The fear in the community seems irrational or at least it would be if everyone sought to determine the legitimacy of the threats. Substantiation seems to be lacking as the small-town rumor mill spins somewhat out of control.
- One of our group suggested having a meeting with some of the leaders and influencers in our community to help the locals understand their history and what they wanted to accomplish. Ammon, when asked if he could go into town for a meeting, almost looked surprised and and said he had "been all over the county today". He didn't seem to see why not. I'm not sure he knows how many rooms the FBI has booked in the small town of Burns.
- As the impromptu meeting wound down, I asked if I could pray for them. They were more than willing and hats came off all around the room. I prayed just as I had prayed in every public place since this national event began in our isolated county. I asked for their personal protection, for wisdom in handling the situation, for restraint and level-headedness on both sides and that their voice be heard which I believe is their primary goal. The prayer seemed to be received gratefully.
- Am I a convert? No, they are still breaking the law even if just for trespassing but I do feel I understand their position as well as our constitution much better. I also feel much better about the safety of our community. And, whether I agree with the course of action, I hope the message does get out. Our federal government seems to be so far past the authority our constitution gives it that just the idea of reigning it back into the role the founding fathers gave it does seem pretty radical. Government overreach is taken more seriously when it causes an individual's medical insurance premiums to rise than when it affects the economies of families and communities in the middle of nowhere.
Long Chain of Abuse
- Terry Lynn Barton, a forest service employee, pleaded guilty to arson charges stemming from the 2002 Hayman Fire which was the worst wildfire in Colorado's recorded history, blackened 138,000 acres, destroyed 133 homes and forced more than 8,000 people to evacuate. But she only did six-year term in prison. The Hammond are going to have to do 10 years and pay $400,000 dollars and the government has demanded the right to buy their ranch if they go bankrupt or have to sell.
- In April of 2013, a U.S. Forest Service intentionally set a fire against recommendations from local ranchers and weather forecasters and it got out of control and burned nearly 3,000 acres of public and over 7,000 acres of private lands southwest of Lemmon, South Dakota. An outbuilding was burned, along with fences, hay, and pastures amounting to $2.5 million in damages. The ranchers affected by the fire learned on June 27, 2015 that the United States Department of Agriculture says “Our review of the claim discloses no liability on the part of the United States. Therefore your FTCA (Federal Tort Claims Act) claim is denied,” to the ranchers.
Can you start seeing the problem?
The BLM simply stipulated a 400,000 dollar fine for a 139 acre fire that improved the land. The court record showed that both a conservation agent and a Fire Specialist Roy Hogue testified there was no damage from the fire but that the “land productivity had improved; no fire suppression or rehabilitation costs existed.”
The huge fine was to force the Hammonds to sell to the refuge. This is clearly abuse and it did not stop there. And you would not be reading this except for "The Occupy Refuge Movement" who risked their lives to get media attention and public opinion.
Whose idea was it to go after the Hammond family after they were sentenced and served their time with such abusive tactics? Well it might appear to start with Amanda Marshall whom with no experience was appointed by the president  to be the U.S. Attorney for Oregon. She made a rare appeal to overturn the sentence given by Judge Hogan in the Hammond case and extended it to five years. After winning this appeal she suddenly stepped down from her job.
We are supposed to believe that this inexperienced Attorney saw the Hammond family as such a threat that they had to not only be unjustly fined by the BLM but she needed to put a 74 year old man in jail against the judgment of Judge Hogan for doing what the ranchers and Native Americans have done for years. Someone is pushing this agenda of removing ranchers to use such boldly unjust tactics.
- "Over the past two decades . . . government officials, and perhaps [others], entered into a literal, intentional conspiracy to deprive [the family members] not only of their [grazing] permits but also of their vested water rights. This behavior shocks the conscience.”
These are the words of the Nevada chief federal district-court Judge Robert C. Jones in his decision on May 2013 in Reno in a lawsuit filed pro se by Wayne N. Hage, defending the estate of E. Wayne Hage, his father who died fighting the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and the U.S. Forest Service represented by scores of lawyers from the Department of Justice, the Department of the Interior, and the Department of Agriculture. "Unfortunately, federal agencies’ abuse of the citizenry is not uncommon."
- “A government lawyer . . . has the responsibility to seek justice . . . and he should not use . . . the economic power of the government to . . . bring about unjust settlements or results.” The Canons of Professional Ethics for Lawyers
In the case of Harvey Frank Robbins Justice David Souter held that it was okay for the government to destroy the Robbins family by a “death by a thousand cuts,” in “endless battling” that “depletes the spirit along with the purse,” by the use of “illegitimate pressure”, by “unduly zealous” bureaucrats supposedly for “zeal on the public’s behalf.”
But are they doing all this on the public's behalf or is there a corrupt specter lurking in the shadows of the all powerful State? They have been getting away with this for a long time and the corruption goes farther up the chain through neglect or design.
Few people would even know about this except for people who've risked their lives to peacefully occupy a public building at the local refuge. occupying the refuge
This could be resolved in the courts if the people would come together and find out what is going on and not just pretend that justice is the governments job.
Justice and righteousness is your job.
Almost no one has the courage to stand for the Weightier matters of law, justice, and mercy much less faith as required by common sense and Jesus Christ.
The public should be fearful
The public should be fearful but not of the Hammonds who are good people but of people hiding in government bureaucracies who are using their unchecked power to work mischief.
Barry Bushue, the president of the Oregon Farm Bureau stated “I find it incredible that the government would want to try these ranchers as terrorists,” He went on to say, “Now is where the rubber meets the road. Right now is when the public should absolutely be incensed. And the public, I think, should be fearful.”
Because there are not very many people in America who are brave. Modern Christians are not really Christians. And most people just want safety for themselves and do not really love their neighbor as themselves. They certainly do not attend to the Weightier matters Jesus told us about.
When the Hammonds were going to go to jail and few people in Harney county were coming to their aid and even the sheriff said they had their day in court the Bundys and other ranchers and people who have seen this injustice sympathized with their story. But the BLM and Federal Attorneys threatened the Hammonds with another raid, early jail, and less desirable prison location if they even "talked to the Bundys". That is a violation of the right to free speech. It makes it impossible to get support if there is an injustice being done against you. It is a violation of your right of free assembly.
- "Our reliance is in the love of liberty which God has planted in our bosoms. Our defense is in the preservation of the spirit which prizes liberty as the heritage of all men, in all lands, everywhere. Destroy this spirit, and you have planted the seeds of despotism around your own doors. Familiarize yourselves with the chains of bondage and you are preparing your own limbs to wear them. Accustomed to trample on the rights of those around you, you have lost the genius of your own independence, and become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrant who rises."
There is no doubt that the Hammonds are grossly abused by the BLM, the Federal attorney and the courts and that there punishment is cruel an unusual although becoming for more common. Why have Americans become so indifferent to the plight of their neighbor?
Real terrorists and arson
As you can see the BLM does not always do it safely like the Hammonds did. They come in at the wrong time of year and actually burn up ranch buildings fences, power poles plus even burn cows and their calves alive. They do this with impunity because America is no longer the land of the free and the home of the brave.
What you often get from either ignorant or immoral government employees is false information that misleads the people like the DOJ’s acting US Attorney Billy Williams said:
- “Fires intentionally and illegally set on public lands, even those in a remote area, threaten property and residents and endanger firefighters called to battle the blaze.”
- “Congress sought to ensure that anyone who maliciously damages United States’ property by fire will serve at least 5 years in prison,” he added. “These sentences are intended to be long enough to deter those like the Hammonds who disregard the law and place fire fighters and others in jeopardy.”
But in the Hammond case there was no malicious intent. These fires did not "threaten property and residents and endanger firefighters called to battle the blaze". These fires especially the back fire likely saved "property and residents and [did not] endanger firefighters called to battle the blaze" because the Hammonds contained the fire themselves and there was no cost or danger to anyone.
They were engaged in open good management practices on their own land where a small amount of some BLM graze was burned before the Hammonds brought the fire under control. The only graze that was affected was the Hammond graze which they paid for and the land came back better than after after the burn according to expert testimony.
No firefighters were endangered and no property damage was actually caused. What they did is done every year all over the west. The BLM calls it fuel reduction and prescribed burns and good management. These fires have been used by inhabitants of the land for thousands of years and can improve the environment as natural events.
To be arson someone would have to start the fire with "malicious intent". There is absolutely no evidence of that by the Hammonds. No we cannot say that about the BLM who starts these same fires all the time. Those fires if started at the right time of year with enough people and resources to control the fires so they do not spread to fences and dwellings are reasonably done unless they want to run someone out of business and destroy their livelihood and life so that they can get their land or just flex their power and spread fear among the people.
The term arson, means, “the malicious burning or exploding of the dwelling house of another, or the burning of a building within the curtilage, the immediate surrounding space, of the dwelling of another.”
Who ever gave the order to those employees of the BLM who were used to set those fires and burn those cattle alive, homes and fences would appear to me to have "wicked or mischievous motives or intentions.” Who fined them? Who saw to it that justice was done to those who lost property, whose lives were threatened? Who starts controlled burns in July unless they want to endanger others or make a point by terrorizing the people who they endanger?
So, we know there was no malicious intent on the part of the Hammonds, but rather normal ranch operations. So what they did cannot be considered arson. But what we see the BLM doing and the employees who were just following orders did looks like it was done with wicked and malicious intent if not extreme negligence since buildings, corrals, fences and live cattle were clearly visible as they set fires.
A Little History
This story is not just about the Hammonds but hundreds and hundreds of Ranchers and farmers are being strangled financially, run out of business, burned out, robbed by government employees. (See video testimony of congressman and sheriffs.)
Just because someone with a badge or even a court says something is okay that does not make it so. Law existed before man formed an opinion. Sir Thomas More asked at his own trial before the King: "Some men say the earth is round and some say it is flat. If it is round, can the King's command flatten it; and if it is flat, can Parliament make it round?"
Teddy Roosevelt in 1908 established the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. Roosevelt used executive power to create National Forests and Parks in one night because Congress was about to remove that power from him. He stayed up with Pinchot who had some knowledge of the west and set land aside to be managed by Federal agencies. The Federal government did not acquire ownership because these lands were within the states.
Millions of cattle were ranging on these lands. Americans had claimed and established grazing and water rights. These rights were deeded and sold just like your lots in cities.
Neither the Federal government nor the States could simply take this land and these rights from the people without an usurpation of the law.
Ranchers in the Oregon’s Harney Basin (72 percent of Harney County is federally controlled) as well as areas all over the west developed elaborate irrigation system in order to create habitat for grazing animals, what had been a huge swampland or dry desert were transformed into rolling meadows, tree lined riparian areas which cause wildlife to flock to the area.
People are lead to believe that there was wildlife everywhere in the wilderness and that is not true. There were vast areas of the wilderness that contained very little wild life. Lewis and Clark almost starved to death for lack of wildlife and game.
Some areas of the west were to dry or far to wet to produce a balanced habitat. The ranchers added balance and many of these areas bloomed with wildlife and became attractive for migratory birds. You may find ducks and geese landing on open water but feeding in mowed and grazed fields along with cranes and predatory birds feeding in the open areas
Governments passed a number of grazing acts like the Thompson and Taylor Grazing Act and the Oregon Swampland Act to help people find ways of managing allotments and grazing rights and improve the balance in the areas.
Drainage and irrigation districts have been established all over the west to make the most efficient use of water. Water is life to a rancher and they have a natural dedication to preserve it and grow as much habitat as possible.
They do this on their own often with not taxes. But there have been development schemes where developers who envisioned improving land at taxpayer expense hoped to sell plots for agricultural purposes. This is not usually Ranchers who promote these schemes. In 1913, the year the Thompson Act was passed, there were no fewer than eight attempts to drain Malheur Lake filed with the Reclamation Service.
Those efforts were resisted by the ranchers who contested the water rights and fought the developers. “What saved the Malheur Refuge from being destroyed by drainage along with other federal refuges in the region were precisely its tangled water rights and the stubbornness of local ranchers.”
Now federal officials imbued unbridled power relentlessly seek to expand the refuge, using abusive tactics and method, both legal and even illegal, to drive the ranchers off the land. There are lots of reasons for this mind set and a perfect storm has been brewing for decades.
Ranchers in many states began to discover and have been informed that grazing was inimical to wildlife and had to be reduced. Some people in these agencies have seen and defended the importance and contribution of the Rancher to create balance at no cost to the taxpayer.
In this area alone with a total of 53 permits, 32 were revoked. Grazing fees have been raised, and many ranchers were forced to give up their land. The irrigation system they had created which encouraged birds and other wildlife was appropriated by the government. The original refuge established by Teddy Roosevelt included only Malheur Lake and not the rivers which flow into it nor much of the land surrounding it.
Ranchers who use the government statistics to prove there is less wildlife under present government management are targeted with a vengeance.
These areas are also rich in minerals and it appear that there are other interests working behind the scenes using the zeal of environmentalist who mistakenly think Ranchers are bad to remove the rancher and trust the government with management. By the time they discover the error it will be to late.
I have worked with government and ranchers for decades and the land is far better off in the private hands. The people in the cities need to understand what is going on in America. The agriculture and food production of this land is under assault. Once the shortages begin there will be no quick fix.
Eventually it will not be just high food costs but obtaining healthy nutritious food or even enough food will become a reality.
Who owns the land
This is a lot more complicated question to answer. Constitutionalist have some very good points about Federal ownership of property rights. Unfortunately even they may not have the whole picture. But we can look at a few basics here
Some Ranchers owned the grazes they used but not the land itself. This allowed for multiple use and in some case shared grazing. Cows were run in common and branded to distinguish whose cow was whose. Rights or allotments were by the number of cows rather than fenced acres. Clive Bundy owned their grazing rights. They had only agreed to pay leasing fees because the government offered to use tax money to make improvements. There fee payment was a reimbursement to the government for services. When the BLM stopped making improvements the Clive Bundy stopped reimbursement.
People in cities and even some children of ranchers do not understand some of these legal arrangements and how all this has worked for over a century or more nor how employees of these government agencies have simply changed the rules beyond the scope of their legal powers. Few people take the time to find out what is really going on in some of these situation.
Over the years more and more corruption has been exposed, cover-ups seen, destruction and withholding of evidence, where there is often distortions and bias by the media yet witnessed by Americans from the Uranium One deal to the Bundy acquittal by the people in Oregon despite prosecutors efforts and now the Bundy mistrial due to out of control BLM and judicial abuse. People only have owner if they come together.
Many people do not know that the BLM also brings in billions of dollars in oil and mineral leases after they confiscate land from private citizens and then open it up to the highest bidders. China will likely get the lease for the minerals under the Hammonds Ranch. People have the habit of being so self absorbed that they cannot see the truth. Seeing the truth requires humility and sacrifice.
Are we actually just seeing the confiscation of our natural resources to appease the Chinese so that they do not dump the dollar. Is this just all the result of Executive orders like Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness Is the Government merely confiscating the GENERAL PROVISIONS listed in PART VIII under Section 801.
- (f) "Food resource facilities" means plants, machinery, vehicles (including on farm), and other facilities required for the production, processing, distribution, and storage (including cold storage) of food resources, and for the domestic distribution of farm equipment and fertilizer (excluding transportation thereof).
- (h) "Head of each agency engaged in procurement for the national defense" means the heads of the Departments of State, Justice, the Interior, and Homeland Security, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the General Services Administration, and all other agencies with authority delegated under section 201 of this order.
Because of this selfish blindness what injustice we see now is so blatantly obvious it is hardly deniable... Yet people can find a reason not to act... they of course are doomed. In the years to come America will reap the whirlwind... behold a pale horse... and millions will die from violence and starvation and disease... because they would not attend to the weightier matters.
Is this okay?
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
Friedrich Gustav Emil Martin Niemöller
so you can learn to care about your neighbors rights as much as your own and be bound only by righteousness
through faith, hope and charity and the Perfect law of liberty.
Law | Natural Law | Legal title | Common Law | Fiction of law |
Stare decisis | Jury | Consent | Contract | Parental contract | Government |
Civil law | Civil Rights | Civil Government | Governments |
No Kings | Cities of refuge | Voir dire | Levites |
Citizen | Equity | The Ten Laws | Law of the Maat |
Bastiat's_The_Law_and_Two_Trees | Trees |
The Occupy Refuge Movement | Clive Bundy | Hammond |
Barcroft | Benefactors | gods | Jury | Sanhedrin |
Protection | Weightier_matters | Social_contract | Community Law |
Perfect law of liberty | Power to change | Covet | Rights |
Anarchist | Live as if the state does not exist |
so you can learn to care about your neighbors rights as much as your own and be bound only by righteousness
through faith, hope and charity and the Perfect law of liberty.
People should also take a look at the word "Militia".
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- Laird v. Tatum, 408 U.S. 1 (1972), 28-9, Justice William O. Douglas.
- Justice William O. Douglas, Points of Rebellion, 1969 (page 95, page 54).
- Tri-State Livestock News (http://bit.ly/1OdZEh2)
- She had been a part of “child advocacy” for the Oregon Department of Justice and deputy district attorney in Coos County but no prior experience in the federal system.
- She was under investigation by the Office of Inspector General for stalking employees. But claimed health reasons.
- He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
- He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
- He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
- He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
- He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
- He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation: The Declaration of Independence
- Speech at Edwardsville, Illinois (11 September 1858); quoted in Lincoln, Abraham; Mario Matthew Cuomo, Harold Holzer, G. S. Boritt, Lincoln on Democracy (Fordham University Press, September 1, 2004), 128. ISBN 978-0823223459.
- As Nancy Langston puts it in Where Land and Water Meet: A Western Landscape Transformed:.
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/