Sin of Sodom
Are we Mystery Babylon ... are we Sodom
- "And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;..." Genesis 18:20
What makes sin very grievous?
Most people will tell you that the sin of Sodom was sodomy but that is not what Ezekiel tells us.
- "Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy." Ezekiel 16:49
What is sin?
The word translated sin in the text is chatta’ah which is ChetTetAlefHey. Although in this verse we see additional letters added to the primary word. VavChetTetAlefTavMem וְחַ֨טָּאתָ֔ם which is wə·ḥaṭ·ṭā·ṯām. It is consistently translated "and their sin". The letter Tav meaning "faith" and the letter Mem tells us this has something to do with the "flow of faith". The Vav at the beginning may be inferring that there is a separation because people are cut off from the "flow of faith". The root word is chata which is some times translated sin ut specifically means "to miss the way, go wrong."
What we often call sin is really only the evidence that we have separated ourselves from the righteous way by going or being led off the path. Sodomy, covetousness, or acts of wantonness or violence or addiction may merely be evidence that we have abandoned a natural life of faith and charity.
Supporting the poor with funds forced from one class of citizens or people by the exercise of authority by the State as we see in all forms of Socialism brings the whole of society into bondage, often addicting the people to a dependence upon the State as the power elite of the State becomes just as addicted to the power the exercise one over the other.
If a society accepts the idea that forced offerings extract from the people to provide welfare for the people is acceptable all of society will go under the power of that force. Only a society willing to support the needs of society with freewill offerings will remain free.
Polybius said it best.
"The masses continue with an appetite for benefits and the habit of receiving them by way of a rule of force and violence. The people, having grown accustomed to feed at the expense of others and to depend for their livelihood on the property of others... institute the rule of violence;  and now uniting their forces massacre, banish, and plunder, until they degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch." 
The authoritarian State uses force and violence to become the Benefactors of the people. They force one class of citizen to provide for another. Proverbs 23 warned and Christ forbid that type of socialist government.
If people leave the righteousness of The Way there will be sin and the evidence of sin. The poor will be weakened and society will go under tyrants until it falls. Not only the Ten Commandments but the long list of sins given us by Paul is warning us that we are going wrong and we will Not inherit the kingdom.
This is not to say that we are saved by works but it is a warning that our faith may not be as real as we would like to think.
Peter, Paul, James, and John Warned
Peter, Paul, James and Johnall 'warned the New Covenant Church that what they were doing and not doing would reveal the truth of their claim to faith in God and His Holy Spirit. Paul warned people to test their faith to make sure they were not deceived or reprobates.
Even John warns that we need to walk according to what Jesus showed us and confess our sins if we are to be cleansed of unrighteousness. John even gives the keeping of the commandments as the rod by which we measure the truth of our faith. And those who do not keep the commandments are a liar and Christ is not in them. Over and over John repeats that he that "doeth not righteousness" is not born again of Christ and the Father. And John warns us that we may not only be deceived but may deceive ourselves  warning us of the many false teachers who are "out in the world".
The Bible from the beginning warns and continues those warnings throughout the New Testament that many will be decieved thinking they are believers while in truth they are workers of iniquity. Because these warnings are ignored by the modern Church, the welfare of a foolish society has become a snare.
- “It is impossible to introduce into society a greater change and a greater evil than this: the conversion of the law into an instrument of plunder.”
Socialism | Not so Secure Socialism | Welfare_types | Bread and circuses | Dialectic |
Liberalism | Classical liberalism | Transcendentalist | Deist | Social contract |
Polybius | Plutarch | Corban | Perfect law of liberty | Perfect savages |
Lady Godiva | Nimrod | Corvee | Nicolaitan | Benefactors | Fathers | Citizen |
Section 666 | Mark of the Beast | Christian conflict | Diocletianic Persecution | Mystery Babylon |
Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark | Community | Was Jesus a socialist |
I paid in | Goats_and_Sheep | Shepherds | Free Keys | Why Socialism |
Roots of the Welfare State | Cloward-Piven Strategy | Rules For Radicals | Communist Manifesto |
[Live as if the state does not exist]] | Departed | Authority | James Scott | Guru theories | Larken Rose |
Capitalism | Covet | Dominionism | Weightier matters | FEMA | Network
Not so Secure Socialism
Same old promise, Same old lie!
Appeared first on NewsWithViews 8-1-10
Part 4 The kingdom of God, socialism, democracy and tyranny -
From the book The Higher Liberty, Sec. 14
The Decline of Freedom,
The Foundation of Tyranny
Part two of The Real Destroyers of the Liberty of the people?
Appeared first on NewsWithViews 3-21-09
Defining the Lies of Democracies
Democracy! What does history tell us?
Appeared first on NewsWithViews 9-11-10 Doom, Gloom, and Democracy
The real destroyer is our own covetousness
Appeared first on NewsWithViews 4-30-09
- 02403 ^האטח^ ChetTetAlefHey chatta’ah \@khat-taw-aw’\@ or ^תאטח^ chatta’th \@khat-tawth’\@ from 02398; n f; AV-sin 182, sin offering 116, punishment 3, purification for sin 2, purifying 1, sinful 1, sinner 1; 296
- 1) sin, sinful
- 2) sin, sin offering
- 2a) sin
- 2b) condition of sin, guilt of sin
- 2c) punishment for sin
- 2d) sin-offering
- 2e) purification from sins of ceremonial uncleanness
- 02398 ^אטח^ chata’ \@khaw-taw’\@ a primitive root; Chet Dynamic nature of -cause and effect-, Tet Hidden power, Alef God/man dynamic. v; AV-sin 188, purify 11, cleanse 8, sinner 8, committed 6, offended 4, blame 2, done 2, fault 1, harm 1, loss 1, miss 1, offender 1, purge 1, reconciliation 1, sinful 1, trespass 1; 238
- 1) to sin, miss, miss the way, go wrong, incur guilt, forfeit, purify from uncleanness
- 1a) (Qal)
- 1a1) to miss
- 1a2) to sin, miss the goal or path of right and duty
- 1a3) to incur guilt, incur penalty by sin, forfeit
- 1b) (Piel)
- 1b1) to bear loss
- 1b2) to make a sin-offering
- 1b3) to purify from sin
- 1b4) to purify from uncleanness
- 1c) (Hiphil)
- 1c1) to miss the mark
- 1c2) to induce to sin, cause to sin
- 1c3) to bring into guilt or condemnation or punishment
- 1d) (Hithpael)
- 1d1) to miss oneself, lose oneself, wander from the way
- 1d2) to purify oneself from uncleanness
- 1a) (Qal)
- 1) to sin, miss, miss the way, go wrong, incur guilt, forfeit, purify from uncleanness
- Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
- Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
- "But when a new generation arises and the democracy falls into the hands of the grandchildren of its founders, they have become so accustomed to freedom and equality that they no longer value them, and begin to aim at pre-eminence; and it is chiefly those of ample fortune who fall into this error. 6 So when they begin to lust for power and cannot attain it through themselves or their own good qualities, they ruin their estates, tempting and corrupting the people in every possible way. 7 And hence when by their foolish thirst for reputation they have created among the masses an appetite for gifts and the habit of receiving them, democracy in its turn is abolished and changes into a rule of force and violence. 8 For the people, having grown accustomed to feed at the expense of others and to depend for their livelihood on the property of others, as soon as they find a leader who is enterprising but is excluded from the houses of office by his penury, institute the rule of violence; 9 and now uniting their forces massacre, banish, and plunder, until they degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch" Polybius: The Histories (composed at Rome around 130 BC)Fragments of Book VI, p289
- “Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 1:10, 11
- 2 Peter 2:14 "Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; curse children:"
- 2 Peter 2:3 "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."
- 2 Timothy 3:1 ¶ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was. 10 ¶ But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, 11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- Ephesians 5:1 ¶ Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. 3 ¶ But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
- "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Galatians 5:1 Galatians 5:15 "But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another."
- 1 Corinthians 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
- James 5:12 ¶ But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and [your] nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.
- 1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
- 1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
- 1 John 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
- 2 John 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
- 2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
- 3 John 1:3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth... 11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
- 2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?(The word reprobate is from adokimos meaning not standing the test, not approved) But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.
- 96 ~ἀδόκιμος~ adokimos \@ad-ok’-ee-mos\@ from 1 (as a negative particle) and 1384; adj AV-reprobate 6, castaway 1, rejected 1; 8
- 1) not standing the test, not approved (See warnings)
- 1a) properly used of metals and coins
- 2) that which does not prove itself such as it ought
- 2a) unfit for, unproved, spurious, reprobate
- 1) not standing the test, not approved (See warnings)
- 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- 1 John 2:3 ¶ And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
- 1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
- 1 John 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
- 1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
- 1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
- 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
- 1 John 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
- Exodus 23:32, 34:12-15, 20:1-17, Deuteronomy 13:8, 17:16, Judges 2:2, 1 Samuel 8; 13:13, Proverbs 1:10-19, Proverbs 23, Psalms 69:22. See also Ezekiel 11:3-11, Micah 3:3; Exodus 16:3.
- 1 Corinthians 4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
- Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
- Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
- Matthew 6:9, 23:9, 5:34... 20:25, Mark 10:42, Luke 4:18, 22:25, 1 Corinthians 7:21, 2 Corinthians 6:16, James 5:12, 1 Peter 2:16, Romans 7:7, 13:9, 11:9, Colossians 3:5, Hebrews 13:5, 2 Peter 2:3-14, 2 Peter 2:19, 2 Timothy 2:26,1:1, 9
- 1 Samuel 13:13
- Frederic Bastiat, 1801 – 1850, French theorist, political economist.