1248 ~διακονία~ diakonia \@dee-ak-on-ee’-ah\@ from 1249; n f AV-ministry 16, ministration 6, ministering 3, misc 9; 34
- 1) service, ministering, esp. of those who execute the commands of others
- 2) of those who by the command of God proclaim and promote religion among men
- 2a) of the office of Moses
- 2b) of the office of the apostles and its administration
- 2c) of the office of prophets, evangelists, elders etc.
- 3) the ministration of those who render to others the offices of Christian affection esp. those who help meet need by either collecting or distributing of charities
- 4) the office of the deacon in the church
- 5) the service of those who prepare and present food
From 1249 ~διάκονος~ diakonos \@dee-ak’-on-os\@ probably from an obsolete diako (to run on errands, cf 1377); n m/f AV-minister 20, servant 8, deacon 3; 31
- 1) one who executes the commands of another, esp. of a master, a servant, attendant, minister
- 1a) the servant of a king
- 1b) a deacon, one who, by virtue of the office assigned to him by the church, cares for the poor and has charge of and distributes the money collected for their use
- 1c) a waiter, one who serves food and drink
Communion | Eucharist | Social Virtues | Daily ministration |
Community | Tens | Sense of Community | Perfect law of liberty |
Welfare_types | Bread and circuses | Daily bread | Socialism |
Benefactors | Fathers | Nimrod | Mystery Babylon |
Quantum | Mysteries of the Universe | Spiritual DNA and Gene Expression |
Biting one another | Zombies | The mire | Mind | Spiritual Economics |
Imperial Cult of Rome | The Democracy Cult | One purse | Nicolaitan |
Merchandise | Employ | Bondage | Roots of the Welfare State |
Persecution | Christian conflict | Diocletianic Persecution |
Lady Godiva | The Blessed Strategy | The Way | FEMA | Network |
- Luke 10:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving <1248>, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
- Acts 1:17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry <1248>.
- Acts 1:25 That he may take part of this ministry <1248> and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
- Acts 6:1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration <1248>.
- Acts 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry <1248> of the word.
- Acts 11:29 Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief <1248> unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:
- Acts 12:25 And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministry <1248>, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark.
- Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry <1248>, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
- Acts 21:19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry <1248>.
- Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office <1248>:
- Romans 12:7 Or ministry <1248>, let us wait on our ministering <1248>: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
- Romans 15:31 That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service <1248> which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;
- 1 Corinthians 12:5 And there are differences of administrations <1248>, but the same Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 16:15 I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry <1248> of the saints,)
- 2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration <1248> of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
2 Corinthians 3:8 How shall <1248> not the ministration <1248> of the spirit be rather glorious? 2 Corinthians 3:9 For if the ministration <1248> of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration <1248> of righteousness exceed in glory.
- 2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry <1248>, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry <1248> of reconciliation;
- 2 Corinthians 6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry <1248> be not blamed:
- 2 Corinthians 8:4 Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering <1248> to the saints.
- 2 Corinthians 9:1 For as touching the ministering <1248> to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you:
- 2 Corinthians 9:12 For the administration <1248> of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;
- 2 Corinthians 9:13 Whiles by the experiment of this ministration <1248> they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men;
- 2 Corinthians 11:8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do <1248> you service <1248>.
- Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry <1248>, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
- Colossians 4:17 And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry <1248> which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.
- 1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry <1248>;
- 2 Timothy 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry <1248>.
- 2 Timothy 4:11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry <1248>.
- Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister <1248> for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
- Revelation 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service <1248>, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links