"For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him." (Genesis 18:19)
The followers of Jesus and what they were doing was not called the Church nor Christianity but it was called "the way". The Way was different than the way of the Pharisees and their Corban and the way of the world.
That way of Jesus did not depend on Covetous Practices that made Merchandise of people and cursed their children. Though they promised them liberty but serve corruption because their welfare was a snare and a trap that entangled the people into the elements of bondage.
Rome had once been a Republic after its own revolution when they opposed the Tarquinian kings for their usurpation and abuses. Over time their new found success allowed the people to slowly become apathetic. Polybius and Plutarch write of their degeneration first into an indirect democracy and then a socialist state. Socialism is the religion you get when you loose sight of Pure Religion.
Israel as a nation was also a Republic after Moses led the people out of the bondage of Egypt where they were employed by the Pharaoh. They were told by God to never go back that way again. In Israel taxes in the form of tithings were voluntarily paid to the public minister/Levite of your choice according to his service providing a Corban through freewill offerings that made the word of God to effect. The voice of the people failed to abide by the instructions of Deuteronomy 17 and rejected God in 1 Samuel 8 bringing in the foolishness of rulers through taxation.
Herod followed the ways of Rome which degenerated into an Imperial cult. John the Baptist offered another way to think and go. His Baptism was an alternative to the tyranny which was growing in the world at that time.
At first John thought Jesus, his cousin, would take his place preaching and baptizing people into this alternative way to the benefits by force of government offered by Herod and the rest of the world. But while he was in prison he began to realize that Jesus was to be both priest and king.
Jesus was hailed as the highest son of David by the people and as king he fired the moneychangers who were the porters of the temple. By Pentecost the people would traditionally reorganize their national government which was supported by freewill offerings in patterns of tens according to the perfect law of liberty.
The way of Christ and the daily ministration of the Church He appointed brought the people together as a peculiar nation. Through The Blessed Strategy of Christ they were able to survive and thrive during the decline and fall of the Roman empire which was the failure of the unrighteous mammon and the fathers of the earth.
The Modern Christian sometimes seems oblivious to the Christian conflict with governments like Rome. What the early Church was persecuted for the modern Church does daily. What Christians did daily the modern Christian does not do. Instead they look to Benefactors who exercise authority to provide what Christ told us to do. As Jesus and the Apostles said men will bring in damnable heresies and people would be caused to stray from God's way. That actually means that many people who think they are Christians and Believers are actually Not, instead they are under a strong delusion and workers of iniquity, they are not saved but instead will be cast away.
- Luke 13:22-30 KJV - And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all [ye] workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you [yourselves] thrust out. And they shall come from the east, and [from] the west, and from the north, and [from] the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.
Jesus condemned their system of Corban. Once you understand things like what Corban had become under Herod along with the meanings of terms like Religion, Baptism and Gospel of the kingdom as they were meant to be used and why His kingdom was not of the world a clearer understanding of the Bible may reveal itself. We can read these same words of Christ in a new light and seek His ways by gathering with others in a Network of people who seek to love their neighbor as themselves through Faith, Hope and Charity and the Perfect law of liberty.
How people bind themselves together often determines not only their success as a society but the nature of their government and therefore their society. When the people chose to have a ruler over them Samuel warned them of the Saul Syndrome and what kind of society and government the people would have if they chose that way. This Mark of Cain which people accept alters them and their society.
The Way of Christ is based on fellowship through faith, hope and charity and the perfect law of liberty. If we examine the way of the early Church and the Modern Christians we will see that many are going the wrong way and have a need to repent.
Seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness is seeking a living Network of people gathering to serve out of love through charity in hope. If we will return to His way to govern ourselves He will hear our cries.
What is The Way?
The ways of many governments are the ways of the world which is pride, oppression, and force. The Way of the Kingdom of God is Baptized in the humble love of the righteousness of God and the patient acceptance of the responsibility of the birthright in His faith in service according to the Perfect law of liberty. Those who love the covetous ways of the world and are willing to sell their birthright for the wages of unrighteousness "despise dominion and speak evil of dignities".
The choice between these two Welfare types will determine the fate of you, your family and your society but that choice is made deep within your heart and mind. We cannot save ourselves through our own prould effort but will only be saved by the Grace of God. The way a society cares for their needy forewarns by which spirit they will be governed.
Those who seek the righteousness of God do not seek the wages of unrighteousness but neither and they save themselves. They can only repent. They can come together to serve and to save others as Christ came with giving and forgiving. Governments of the world today exercise authority over their subjects and compel the offerings of the people through fear and force through men who call themselves Benefactors, but Christ said it was not to be that way with us.
Social Welfare must be by Freewill offerings for society to be free. To take from your neighbor, to satisfy your desires and even your needs at the expense of others is a Wantonness way and covetous that will make you Merchandise and will curse children. Biting one another will bring the Benefits of Bondage and will be a snare to your body and soul.
- "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33
The Way Bible quotes
- Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
- Malachi 2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
- Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
- Matthew 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
- Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
- Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
- Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
- Matthew 21:32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.
- Matthew 22:16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.
- Mark 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
- Mark 10:52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
- Mark 12:14 And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?
- Luke 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
- Luke 3:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
- Luke 20:21 And they asked him, saying, Master, we know that thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest thou the person of any, but teachest the way of God truly:
- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- Acts 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
- Acts 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
- Acts 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
- Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
- Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- Romans 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
- Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
- 2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
- Hebrews 5:2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
- Hebrews 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
- Hebrews 12:13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
- 2 Peter 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
- 2 Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
- 2 Peter 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
- Jude 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
- Revelation 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
- Acts 17:7 Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, [one] Jesus.
- John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
- John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
- Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
- John 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
- Jude 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion <2963>, and speak evil of dignities.
- 2 Peter 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government <2963>. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
- Psalms 69:30 ¶ I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. 31 This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs. 32 The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God.
- Proverbs 6:3 Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend. 4 Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids. 5 Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.
- 6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: 7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, 8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. 9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? 10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: 11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
- Proverbs 16:19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.
- Proverbs 29:23 A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
- Matthew 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
- 1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: