5253 ~ὑπερῷ ον~ huperoon \@hoop-er-o’-on\@ from a derivative of 5228; ; n n AV-upper chamber 3, upper room 1; 4
- 1) the highest part of the house, the upper rooms or story where the women resided
- 2) a room in the upper part of a house, sometimes built upon the flat roof of the house, whither Orientals were wont to retire in order to sup, meditate, pray
- Acts 1:13 "And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room <5253>, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James." verse 15 mentions 120 names and chapter two talk of Pentecost.
- Acts 9:37 And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber <5253>.
- Acts 9:39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber <5253>: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.
- Acts 20:8 And there were many lights in the upper chamber <5253>, where they were gathered together.